GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Going Purple (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/109934-going-purple.html)

Rupert 17-12-2005 10:46 AM

Going Purple

Madgardener said:-
"Who says middle aged, post menopausal women can't learn anything? gbseg
:) my power surges keep me warm on a summer's evening."

You girls get all the perks including going purple

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/pages/348544/index.htm

JennyC 17-12-2005 12:18 PM

Going Purple

"Rupert" wrote in message ...
Madgardener said:-
"Who says middle aged, post menopausal women can't learn anything? gbseg
:) my power surges keep me warm on a summer's evening."

You girls get all the perks including going purple

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/pages/348544/index.htm

Hear J.G. Sutton read the poem..........."~)
http://www.ljconline.nl/indexjenny.htm

Jenny

Sacha 17-12-2005 01:01 PM

Going Purple

On 17/12/05 11:34, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Rupert
writes
Madgardener said:-
"Who says middle aged, post menopausal women can't learn anything? gbseg
:) my power surges keep me warm on a summer's evening."

You girls get all the perks including going purple

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/pages/348544/index.htm

That is lovely.

But but but, surely.......it's off topic. One of your major bugbears, as we
see above.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Rupert 17-12-2005 01:10 PM

Going Purple

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 17/12/05 11:34, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Rupert
writes
Madgardener said:-
"Who says middle aged, post menopausal women can't learn anything?
gbseg
:) my power surges keep me warm on a summer's evening."

You girls get all the perks including going purple

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/pages/348544/index.htm

That is lovely.

But but but, surely.......it's off topic. One of your major bugbears, as
we
see above.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
and pick the *flowers *in other people's gardens
and learn to spit.

[email protected] 17-12-2005 02:18 PM

Going Purple

There is a red hat, purple dress group here on the Costa Blanca.
Consists of a group of ladies of 'a certain age' who meet regularly and
wear the 'uniform'. No sure what they do, but they had their photo in a
local free newpaper

Mike

Rupert 17-12-2005 02:30 PM

Going Purple

wrote in message
oups.com...
There is a red hat, purple dress group here on the Costa Blanca.
Consists of a group of ladies of 'a certain age' who meet regularly and
wear the 'uniform'. No sure what they do, but they had their photo in a
local free newpaper

Mike

Yes and it gets worse--they are everywhere.
http://www.redhatsociety.com/

Mike 17-12-2005 02:30 PM

Going Purple

--
..
wrote in message
oups.com...
There is a red hat, purple dress group here on the Costa Blanca.
Consists of a group of ladies of 'a certain age' who meet regularly and
wear the 'uniform'. No sure what they do, but they had their photo in a
local free newpaper

Mike

I think you will find they are a country wide organisation who meet on a
social basis, but fund raise for such as a hospice. Yes the red hat is their
uniform :-))

Mike

June Hughes 17-12-2005 02:58 PM

Going Purple

In message .com,
" writes
There is a red hat, purple dress group here on the Costa Blanca.
Consists of a group of ladies of 'a certain age' who meet regularly and
wear the 'uniform'. No sure what they do, but they had their photo in a
local free newpaper

Hee hee. They sound a bit like some of Beryl Cook's ladies. I could
think of a couple of 'ladies' here who would suit but I don't think
they'd be very welcome. Have you done much gardening yet, Mike? We
haven't seen you much recently on ukfd.
--
June Hughes

Sue 17-12-2005 05:35 PM

Going Purple

"Rupert" wrote
Yes and it gets worse--they are everywhere.
http://www.redhatsociety.com/

And all this time there I was thinking the RHS were haughtyculturalists.

--
Sue

Rupert 17-12-2005 06:49 PM

Going Purple

"Sue" wrote in message

"Rupert" wrote
Yes and it gets worse--they are everywhere.
http://www.redhatsociety.com/

And all this time there I was thinking the RHS were haughtyculturalists.

--
Sue

Royal Handmaiden Society
They are young women who follow Queen (and later Senator) Amidala of Naboo
everywhere she goes to assist and protect her. They were chosen by the
Queen herself upon her election for their courage, intelligence, fitness
and resemblance to her.

http://www.royalhandmaidensociety.org/

Sue 17-12-2005 09:08 PM

Going Purple

Rupert wrote:
"Sue" wrote
And all this time there I was thinking the RHS were
haughtyculturalists.

Royal Handmaiden Society
They are young women who follow Queen

Oh yes, well didn't we all. I mean - that Brian May (CBE), he's god, he
is.

(and later Senator) Amidala of Naboo snip

Ah...

--
Sue

[email protected] 18-12-2005 07:28 AM

Going Purple

quote Hee hee. They sound a bit like some of Beryl Cook's ladies. I
could
think of a couple of 'ladies' here who would suit but I don't think
they'd be very welcome. Have you done much gardening yet, Mike?

Just about to get really going, just had a 'greenhouse' built. It's
about half my upper terrace, aluminium and glass, polycarbonate roof
and double glazed. Got the seeds ready and hoping to get my tomatoes
etc planted before Christmas.

Mike