Old 17-12-2005, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Going Purple

Madgardener said:-
"Who says middle aged, post menopausal women can't learn anything? gbseg
my power surges keep me warm on a summer's evening."

You girls get all the perks including going purple

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/pages/348544/index.htm

Old 17-12-2005, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Rupert" wrote in message ...
Madgardener said:-
"Who says middle aged, post menopausal women can't learn anything? gbseg
my power surges keep me warm on a summer's evening."

You girls get all the perks including going purple

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/pages/348544/index.htm

Hear J.G. Sutton read the poem..........."~)
http://www.ljconline.nl/indexjenny.htm

Jenny

Old 17-12-2005, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 17/12/05 11:34, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Rupert
writes
Madgardener said:-
"Who says middle aged, post menopausal women can't learn anything? gbseg
my power surges keep me warm on a summer's evening."

You girls get all the perks including going purple

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/pages/348544/index.htm

That is lovely.

But but but, surely.......it's off topic. One of your major bugbears, as we
see above.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-12-2005, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 17/12/05 11:34, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Rupert
writes
Madgardener said:-
"Who says middle aged, post menopausal women can't learn anything?
gbseg
my power surges keep me warm on a summer's evening."

You girls get all the perks including going purple

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/pages/348544/index.htm

That is lovely.

But but but, surely.......it's off topic. One of your major bugbears, as
we
see above.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
and pick the *flowers *in other people's gardens
and learn to spit.

Old 17-12-2005, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

There is a red hat, purple dress group here on the Costa Blanca.
Consists of a group of ladies of 'a certain age' who meet regularly and
wear the 'uniform'. No sure what they do, but they had their photo in a
local free newpaper

Mike

Old 17-12-2005, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

wrote in message
oups.com...
There is a red hat, purple dress group here on the Costa Blanca.
Consists of a group of ladies of 'a certain age' who meet regularly and
wear the 'uniform'. No sure what they do, but they had their photo in a
local free newpaper

Mike

Yes and it gets worse--they are everywhere.
http://www.redhatsociety.com/

Old 17-12-2005, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
wrote in message
oups.com...
There is a red hat, purple dress group here on the Costa Blanca.
Consists of a group of ladies of 'a certain age' who meet regularly and
wear the 'uniform'. No sure what they do, but they had their photo in a
local free newpaper

Mike

I think you will find they are a country wide organisation who meet on a
social basis, but fund raise for such as a hospice. Yes the red hat is their
uniform :-))

Mike

Old 17-12-2005, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message .com,
" writes
There is a red hat, purple dress group here on the Costa Blanca.
Consists of a group of ladies of 'a certain age' who meet regularly and
wear the 'uniform'. No sure what they do, but they had their photo in a
local free newpaper

Hee hee. They sound a bit like some of Beryl Cook's ladies. I could
think of a couple of 'ladies' here who would suit but I don't think
they'd be very welcome. Have you done much gardening yet, Mike? We
haven't seen you much recently on ukfd.
--
June Hughes
Old 17-12-2005, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Rupert" wrote
Yes and it gets worse--they are everywhere.
http://www.redhatsociety.com/

And all this time there I was thinking the RHS were haughtyculturalists.

--
Sue

Old 17-12-2005, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Sue" wrote in message

"Rupert" wrote
Yes and it gets worse--they are everywhere.
http://www.redhatsociety.com/

And all this time there I was thinking the RHS were haughtyculturalists.

--
Sue

Royal Handmaiden Society
They are young women who follow Queen (and later Senator) Amidala of Naboo
everywhere she goes to assist and protect her. They were chosen by the
Queen herself upon her election for their courage, intelligence, fitness
and resemblance to her.

http://www.royalhandmaidensociety.org/

Old 17-12-2005, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Rupert wrote:
"Sue" wrote
And all this time there I was thinking the RHS were
haughtyculturalists.

Royal Handmaiden Society
They are young women who follow Queen

Oh yes, well didn't we all. I mean - that Brian May (CBE), he's god, he
is.

(and later Senator) Amidala of Naboo snip

Ah...

--
Sue

Old 18-12-2005, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

quote Hee hee. They sound a bit like some of Beryl Cook's ladies. I
could
think of a couple of 'ladies' here who would suit but I don't think
they'd be very welcome. Have you done much gardening yet, Mike?

Just about to get really going, just had a 'greenhouse' built. It's
about half my upper terrace, aluminium and glass, polycarbonate roof
and double glazed. Got the seeds ready and hoping to get my tomatoes
etc planted before Christmas.

Mike