Old 23-01-2006, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
madgardener

Default A cold, foggy January day back in Fairy Holler, you'll be tired when you finish, so grab a cuppa tea or somethin'

"madgardener" wrote in message
reams of words snipped, pruned, whacked and wiped
out

what I really want to know is........how the HELL did a perfectly tiresome
ramble instigate such a horrendous display of childish display with the
insistence of cut and pasting every single word of my post to infuriate so
many??? No offence, Harry, but I can appreciate that you just learned to
cut and paste, there's TON'S of stuff I have yet to learn about my own
computer's capabilities and I've had it now for almost 8 years. Things
about Paint Shop Pro that would be so neat were I just to be able to
decipher all of it and understand it finally. But damn, man.....you took a
good ramble, enjoyed it and then proceeded to not once, but several times,
repost the whole thing, causing a stir that shouldn't have occurred in the
first place. Like it was said by someone better than me......it was funny
the first time.................and by the way, not to seem ungrateful....I
appreciate that you seem to have enjoyed it. Or maybe I missed something
and you were responding to my excessive usage of words......I won't over
analyze this and just go now.

madgardener up on the soggy ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee

Old 23-01-2006, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Sacha

On 23/1/06 15:47, in article , "madgardener"
wrote:

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
...snip

LOL you tickled me, though, Judith. I will start searching for RoundUp
gel....that sounds incredible.

maddie

Don't forget the golden slippers - I feel sure they're an essential part of
the successful outcome! And talk about the wonders of the internet - I
found myself yanking out some Vinca today as I took the dogs round the
garden and thought of "that poor woman up on a hill in Tennessee". ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 23-01-2006, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

In article , madgardener
writes
one problem though,
Judith.........over here, unless I'm mistaken (and I can be, several times
over) we don't have access to RoundUp in gel form :

All you have to do is to add a little wallpaper powder to the mix. The
gel form is normally used for painting on ground elder etc., but I can't
remember the Trade name, it is not called Roundup but perhaps some
urglers will know more than I. However, a bit of liquid in the bag,
will be sufficient. Push the plant in, pour in a little liquid, tie up
and then "swish" the liquid round the inside of the bag to ensure all
the green is covered and that's it.

ith as much as I
obviously have, wouldn't surrounding perennials be affected?

No, not at all, it can only enter the root system of the plant tied up
in the bag!

I wound up climbing into the
beds and pulling out three hunks of horsetail

Now, that is something I detest, the only way I can kill this is to
crush it underfoot to break it a bit and then paint it with
glychowhatsit. I have reduced it enormously but come the Spring, I will
be on the look-out as some still come up.

--
Judith Lea
Old 23-01-2006, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 23/1/06 17:03, in article , "Judith
Lea" wrote:

In article , madgardener
writes
one problem though,
Judith.........over here, unless I'm mistaken (and I can be, several times
over) we don't have access to RoundUp in gel form :

All you have to do is to add a little wallpaper powder to the mix. The
gel form is normally used for painting on ground elder etc., but I can't
remember the Trade name, it is not called Roundup but perhaps some
urglers will know more than I.

snip

Tumbleweed? And there's something called Deep Root but I have no experience
of that.

Old 23-01-2006, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
madgardener

o.uk...
wrote:

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
...snip

LOL you tickled me, though, Judith. I will start searching for RoundUp
gel....that sounds incredible.

maddie

Don't forget the golden slippers - I feel sure they're an essential part
of
the successful outcome! And talk about the wonders of the internet - I
found myself yanking out some Vinca today as I took the dogs round the
garden and thought of "that poor woman up on a hill in Tennessee". ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the flowers to email me)

LOL well to put another perspective on the whole yanking thing.........I am
about to go outside to pull up some more after I go to the mailbox and check
on the mail, run to the store to get some tortilla shells to stretch meals
with and then while the ground is nice and tender, tear out a few more and
cart that two wheel cart somewhere and dump the load that's still sitting in
there. (if you want a picture of it, e-mail me and I'll pass it onwards to
you)

maddie, still up to her armpits in Vinca major........

wait a minute........................YOU were yanking out some vinca today
when you were out taking your dogs for a walk?????!!??? That means it's
survived the
ROUNDUP....................arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'll NEVER be rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

(breath marilyn, breath...................) gbseg

Old 23-01-2006, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Harry

[...]

yes, they seem to be bitching amongst themselves now..........strange them
women folk when they get started.............me I just get outside and cut
the grass.......

Old 24-01-2006, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Tom Jaszewski

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 04:59:33 GMT, "Travis M."
wrote:

Idiot.

pot calling the kettle black.....
Old 24-01-2006, 12:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
madgardener

"Harry" wrote in message
sniiiiiiiiippppp p prune
whackkkkkkk

yes, they seem to be bitching amongst themselves now..........strange them
women folk when they get started.............me I just get outside and cut
the grass.......

women tend to do that. Cackle like hens after the fox has long left the
henhouse..........and I'm not immune to that sort sometimes. Glad I didn't
rile you up with my scoldings. So what was it, just a remark, or
observation that I'd used too many words? curious mind wanna
know................

Old 24-01-2006, 12:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Rupert

"madgardener" wrote in message

"Harry" wrote in message
sniiiiiiiiipppp pp prune
whackkkkkkk

yes, they seem to be bitching amongst themselves now..........strange them
women folk when they get started.............me I just get outside and cut
the grass.......

women tend to do that. Cackle like hens after the fox has long left the
henhouse..........and I'm not immune to that sort sometimes. Glad I
didn't rile you up with my scoldings. So what was it, just a remark, or
observation that I'd used too many words? curious mind wanna
know................

You wish to lead a happy life?
Under no circumstances attempt to unravel the warped British sense of humour
:-)

Old 24-01-2006, 01:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
madgardener

"Rupert" wrote in message

You wish to lead a happy life?
Under no circumstances attempt to unravel the warped British sense of
humour :-)

and Rupert says this after I sat and watched BBC's "Creature Comforts"
today and laughed my ass off!!

,maddie

Old 24-01-2006, 01:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Rupert

"Rupert" wrote in message

You wish to lead a happy life?
Under no circumstances attempt to unravel the warped British sense of
humour :-)

and Rupert says this after I sat and watched BBC's "Creature Comforts"
today and laughed my ass off!!

,maddie

OK you are awarded compassionate British citizenship.
Watching the tele won't help beat that periwinkle.

Old 24-01-2006, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
madgardener

"Rupert" wrote in message
and Rupert says this after I sat and watched BBC's "Creature Comforts"
today and laughed my ass off!!
,maddie

OK you are awarded compassionate British citizenship.
Watching the tele won't help beat that periwinkle.

you got that right.........I wonder where my child hood friend's mom got the
name "Sultana"?? that's what Alice's mom always called it.........but
periwinkle does ring a bell somewhere. I gave up today. it was more
miserable today than it was the other day when I pulled so freaking much.
and the war isn't over yet..........gbseg
maddie

Old 26-01-2006, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

In article , Sacha
writes
Tumbleweed? And there's something called Deep Root but I have no experience
of that.

That's it
--
Judith Lea