Old 30-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Registered User

Location: Manchester
Default Growing on plug plants

have a good few spaces in the front & back borders where i could fit in some foxgloves and i saw thompson & morgan selling 84 plug plants delivered in march for about a tenner. obviously a lot cheaper than buying pot plants, but i wondered whether u could grow them on without a greenhouse?

it says they'll flower this year, but it also has them in the perennial section, when i'm sure they're biennial, and i only want to spend the money if i can get them to flower this year.

my plan was to pot them on and grow them in house next to an east facing windowsill until say mid-april when hopefully they'll be big enough to grow on outside

if anyone with any experience of this could comment on whether i've a good chance of being succesful could comment it'd be appreciated
Old 30-01-2006, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

--
Tiger303

Had a quick look at T&M site . I think you are talking about excelsior
hybrids
54 for about a tenner.
These are perennial and I would think that you could grow them on quite
easily.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Registered User

Location: Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert
Had a quick look at T&M site . I think you are talking about excelsior hybrids 54 for about a tenner.
These are perennial and I would think that you could grow them on quite
easily.
thanks rupert, i'll grow them on in the window for a month or so before planting out in case a late frost kills the small plugs