Old 22-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Kostas Kavoussanakis

Default Pruning and birds

I am thinking of pruning my (Leylandii) hedge. I know from the past
that blackbirds, the only birds other than starlings and pigeons I
have ever seen in my garden, nest in them. I also noticed today that
blackboys were trying to convince blackgirls that mating time is
nigh.

Is the time wrong now to prune my hedge? When is it a good time to do
so?

Thanks in advance,
Kostas
Old 22-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Mike

In article .hx,
Kostas Kavoussanakis writes

I am thinking of pruning my (Leylandii) hedge. I know from the past
that blackbirds, the only birds other than starlings and pigeons I
have ever seen in my garden, nest in them. I also noticed today that
blackboys were trying to convince blackgirls that mating time is
nigh.

Is the time wrong now to prune my hedge? When is it a good time to do
so?

Thanks in advance,
Kostas

Blackbirds have been building for quite some little time. We had to get
a JCB into some scrub PDQ or we would have been held up for a long time.
I think you may be too late now.

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more

Old 25-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Kostas Kavoussanakis

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Mike wrote:

In article .hx,
Kostas Kavoussanakis writes

I am thinking of pruning my (Leylandii) hedge. I know from the past
that blackbirds, the only birds other than starlings and pigeons I
have ever seen in my garden, nest in them.

snip

Is the time wrong now to prune my hedge? When is it a good time to do
so?

Blackbirds have been building for quite some little time. We had to get
a JCB into some scrub PDQ or we would have been held up for a long time.
I think you may be too late now.

When is the next time I could do it?

Thanks for the answer,
Kostas