GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gardening-wear????? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/123602-gardening-wear.html)

SamatHome 17-02-2006 06:14 PM

Gardening-wear?????

Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

Alan Holmes 17-02-2006 08:16 PM

Gardening-wear?????

"SamatHome" wrote in message

Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

Are you trying to promote this website?

Alan

--
SamatHome

Nick Maclaren 17-02-2006 08:24 PM

Gardening-wear?????

In article ,
SamatHome wrote:

Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

sam 17-02-2006 08:47 PM

Gardening-wear?????

SamatHome wrote:
Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

They may be all right for you, but with my luck I'd get grit in them
from day 1.

Sam.

p.s. very smart, though.

Robert 17-02-2006 09:10 PM

Gardening-wear?????

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
SamatHome wrote:

Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

Topless sandals, bare feet, whatever next! Essential footwear for any
serious gardening (particularly on clay) is a pair of 3/4 knee Argyle
wellies.
--
Robert

Bob Hobden 17-02-2006 10:55 PM

Gardening-wear?????

"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...
If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.
http://www.idml.com/shop.asp?catid=3...lies&pcatid=19

but then I also wear Bib and Braces too. (sure sign of an old fart on the
allotments)
http://www.workwearhouse.co.uk/shop/Bib_Braces.html

--
Regards
Bob

June Hughes 17-02-2006 11:45 PM

Gardening-wear?????

In message , SamatHome
writes

Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

Are you serious or is this an advert? No, they do not appear to be
functional for wear whilst gardening.
--
June Hughes

Nick Maclaren 18-02-2006 07:56 AM

Gardening-wear?????

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.

Most people use a spade, but I am sure you know best!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Janet Tweedy 18-02-2006 10:55 AM

Gardening-wear?????

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...
If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.
http://www.idml.com/shop.asp?catid=3...lies&pcatid=19

Are yours the waders or the green pair?
:)

Janet

Thought your site much more informative, might even get a pair of the
ordinary ones myself . Thanks Bob!

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Bob Hobden 18-02-2006 11:53 AM

Gardening-wear?????

"Janet Tweedy" wrote after Bob Hobden wrote
"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...
If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.
http://www.idml.com/shop.asp?catid=3...lies&pcatid=19

Are yours the waders or the green pair?
:)

Janet

Thought your site much more informative, might even get a pair of the
ordinary ones myself . Thanks Bob!

I bought the cheap black builders type ones, no point in having "showy"
green ones on the allotments. Sue has green ones though. :-)
I have in the past ruined two pairs of expensive green Hunters by using them
for digging, they haven't got the steel midsole so the spade cuts right
through them eventually which is also rather painful if it gives all of a
sudden. :-(

Bob Hobden 18-02-2006 11:56 AM

Gardening-wear?????

"Nick Maclaren" wrote Bob Hobden wrote:

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.

Most people use a spade, but I am sure you know best!

:-) Splutter...

But you aren't suggesting digging with a spade in bare feet surely.

Nick Maclaren 18-02-2006 12:01 PM

Gardening-wear?????

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.

Most people use a spade, but I am sure you know best!

:-) Splutter...

But you aren't suggesting digging with a spade in bare feet surely.

Well, I do - though only in soft ground.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Sacha 18-02-2006 02:35 PM

Gardening-wear?????

On 18/2/06 10:55, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...
If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.
http://www.idml.com/shop.asp?catid=3...lies&pcatid=19

Are yours the waders or the green pair?
:)

snip

Perhaps he's in cahoots with Judith and wears only gold. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Rusty Hinge 2 18-02-2006 03:50 PM

Gardening-wear?????

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:
"Nick Maclaren" wrote Bob Hobden wrote:

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.

Most people use a spade, but I am sure you know best!

:-) Splutter...

But you aren't suggesting digging with a spade in bare feet surely.

One hopes not - digging in the soil is more productive and less painful.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

James Fidell 18-02-2006 11:06 PM

Gardening-wear?????

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.
http://www.idml.com/shop.asp?catid=3...lies&pcatid=19

Some of those are tempting, especially the thermal ones. It's no
problem keeping warm when I'm digging, but my feet freeze if I'm just
out feeding the animals on a cold morning (especially if it's bin day
and I have to make a couple of trips up the drive with the rubbish,
too). Unfortunately there seem to be very few pairs of wellies that
fit over my calves, so buying from a website isn't practical :(

Not sure what sort of fish you'd be worried about if you wanted steel-
toed waders, mind...

James