Old 17-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Registered User

Default Gardening-wear?????

Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.
Old 17-02-2006, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"SamatHome" wrote in message

Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

Are you trying to promote this website?

Alan

--
SamatHome

Old 17-02-2006, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
SamatHome wrote:

Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 17-02-2006, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam

SamatHome wrote:
Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

They may be all right for you, but with my luck I'd get grit in them
from day 1.

Sam.

p.s. very smart, though.
Old 17-02-2006, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
SamatHome wrote:

Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

Topless sandals, bare feet, whatever next! Essential footwear for any
serious gardening (particularly on clay) is a pair of 3/4 knee Argyle
wellies.
--
Robert

Old 17-02-2006, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...
If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.
http://www.idml.com/shop.asp?catid=3...lies&pcatid=19

but then I also wear Bib and Braces too. (sure sign of an old fart on the
allotments)
http://www.workwearhouse.co.uk/shop/Bib_Braces.html

--
Regards
Bob

Old 17-02-2006, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , SamatHome
writes

Has anyone seen these befo www.topless-sandal.com ??

I'd like to know if they're functional outside in the grass, dirt, etc.

Are you serious or is this an advert? No, they do not appear to be
functional for wear whilst gardening.
--
June Hughes
Old 18-02-2006, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.

Most people use a spade, but I am sure you know best!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-02-2006, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...
If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.
http://www.idml.com/shop.asp?catid=3...lies&pcatid=19

Are yours the waders or the green pair?

Janet

Thought your site much more informative, might even get a pair of the
ordinary ones myself . Thanks Bob!

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 18-02-2006, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"Janet Tweedy" wrote after Bob Hobden wrote
"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...
If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.
http://www.idml.com/shop.asp?catid=3...lies&pcatid=19

Are yours the waders or the green pair?

Janet

Thought your site much more informative, might even get a pair of the
ordinary ones myself . Thanks Bob!

I bought the cheap black builders type ones, no point in having "showy"
green ones on the allotments. Sue has green ones though. :-)
I have in the past ruined two pairs of expensive green Hunters by using them
for digging, they haven't got the steel midsole so the spade cuts right
through them eventually which is also rather painful if it gives all of a
sudden. :-(

Old 18-02-2006, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"Nick Maclaren" wrote Bob Hobden wrote:

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.

Most people use a spade, but I am sure you know best!

:-) Splutter...

But you aren't suggesting digging with a spade in bare feet surely.

Old 18-02-2006, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.

Most people use a spade, but I am sure you know best!

:-) Splutter...

But you aren't suggesting digging with a spade in bare feet surely.

Well, I do - though only in soft ground.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-02-2006, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 18/2/06 10:55, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...
If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.
http://www.idml.com/shop.asp?catid=3...lies&pcatid=19

Are yours the waders or the green pair?

snip

Perhaps he's in cahoots with Judith and wears only gold. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 18-02-2006, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:
"Nick Maclaren" wrote Bob Hobden wrote:

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.

Most people use a spade, but I am sure you know best!

:-) Splutter...

But you aren't suggesting digging with a spade in bare feet surely.

One hopes not - digging in the soil is more productive and less painful.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 18-02-2006, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...

If their web pages is anything to go by, no. What's wrong with
bare feet, anyway?

I'll stick to my steel toecap, steel midsole*, black wellies thank you.
*Ideal for digging.
http://www.idml.com/shop.asp?catid=3...lies&pcatid=19

Some of those are tempting, especially the thermal ones. It's no
problem keeping warm when I'm digging, but my feet freeze if I'm just
out feeding the animals on a cold morning (especially if it's bin day
and I have to make a couple of trips up the drive with the rubbish,
too). Unfortunately there seem to be very few pairs of wellies that
fit over my calves, so buying from a website isn't practical

Not sure what sort of fish you'd be worried about if you wanted steel-
toed waders, mind...

James

Gardening-wear????? SamatHome Texas 2 01-04-2006 02:59 AM
Comfortable garden wear Pointer United Kingdom 0 28-08-2005 04:51 PM
Chain Saw Bar Wear Jonathan Goodish Lawns 5 27-01-2005 03:28 AM
Agricultural farmers wear dresses zaax sci.agriculture 0 10-08-2003 12:22 AM
The Levis Boycott - what to wear? cj sci.agriculture 3 30-04-2003 11:56 PM