Old 22-02-2006, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael

Default Rhododendron - Plastic Bag Cover ?

Can someone advise me whether it is safe or otherwise to protect
Rhododendrons with a plastic bin bag on the occasions when snow or heavy
frost is expected ?

I have been leaving them uncovered but the last fall two weeks ago settled
on the leaves/buds and I am concerned whether this would affect the buds.

Thanks.

Old 22-02-2006, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Michael" [email protected] wrote in message
Can someone advise me whether it is safe or otherwise to protect
Rhododendrons with a plastic bin bag on the occasions when snow or heavy
frost is expected ?

I have been leaving them uncovered but the last fall two weeks ago settled
on the leaves/buds and I am concerned whether this would affect the buds.

Thanks.

They will be fine without any protection. The leaves might roll up tight but
will be fine again when it thaws. They are natives from mountainous areas of
Japan, where it probably gets really cold !

Jenny

GÃœRTAN PLASTIC - PLASTIC CRATES,PALLETS and ALL TYPE OF PLASTIC PRODUCTS [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 05-06-2007 08:11 AM
To Bag- or not to bag? Jos. Wheeler Lawns 25 10-04-2006 11:10 AM
Plastic bag composting Blue Gardening 1 01-03-2004 06:12 PM
To bag or not to bag 2 Gene Moon Lawns 1 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
To Bag or Not to Bag Gene Moon Lawns 3 09-06-2003 03:08 PM