Old 08-03-2006, 01:32 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.local.yorkshire,uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Dave Fawthrop

Default RFD: create moderated newsgroup uk.legends.dave-fawthrop

REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
create moderated newsgroup uk.legends.dave-fawthrop

Newsgroups line

uk.legends.dave-fawthrop Discussions about Dave Fawthrop, Netnews, and more.

This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) for the creation of a UK-wide
moderated Usenet newsgroup uk.legends.dave-fawthrop

*** ALL DISCUSSION MUST TAKE PLACE IN UK.NET.NEWS.CONFIG ***

This is not a Call for Votes (CFV); you cannot vote at this time. Further
procedural details are given below.

Posted to
uk.net.news.config,uk.local.yorkshire,uk.food+drin k.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Follow ups to
uk.net.news.config

Rationale uk.legends.dave-fawthrop

This group is needed to help solve the problems now facing Netnews in the
United Kingdom.

Charter uk.legends.dave-fawthrop

General discussion of moderation, *Wreckers*, Trolls, Killfiles, Flooding,
SPAM, FAQ Enforcement, Charter Enforcement, Curry Recipes, and why people Hate
Dave Fawthrop [1]. The group will also focus its discussion on "propagation
software bugs", "filthy language; why I can quote it but you can't post it",
"long and boring poems and why they are preferable to cascades", and pretty
much anything else related to the threats now facing UK Internet Users.

Advertising

Advertising is forbidden, with these exceptions[2]:

Suppliers of goods and services relevant to Netnews in the UK may post an
invitation to visit their web site or request details. It should be of four
lines or fewer and not posted more than once every 3 months. The subject line
should begin "ADVERT: ", except for vacancy adverts, when it should begin "JOB:
".

Binaries & Formatting

Encoded binaries (e.g. pictures, compressed files, etc.) are
forbidden. Such material belongs on a web or FTP site to which
a pointer may be posted. Cryptographic signatures (e.g. PGP)
may be used where authentication is important and should be as
short as possible.

Posts must be readable as plain text. HTML, RTF and similarly
formatted messages are prohibited. Top-posting is prohibited.

Warning

Anyone posting contrary to this charter or group FAQ *will* be reported to
their "postmaster", Service Provider, upstream providers of their postmaster
and Service Provider, and the police - if warranted.

Proponent
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk

Moderator
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk

Moderation Policy:
Cancelbot

Distribution

This RFD has been posted to the following newsgroups:
uk.net.news.config,uk.local.yorkshire,uk.food+drin k.misc,uk.rec.gardening

[1] It is actually the *trolls/wreckers* who hate my guts because I blow the
whistle on their methods, see sig. I never ever submit to bullying by them
or anyone else. My mother, a teacher, mumble years ago taught me,when
confronted with bullies, to stick up for myself. This IME works very well.

[2] Computer Hyphenation Ltd, Hypenologist(tm), hyphenologist.co.uk, and any of
its future affiliates are by default exempt from advertisement restrictions.
We are not SPAMMERS and replying with "see sig" to thousands of groups, based
on keyword searches, is actually good for Netnews when it's used to increase
the readership of Netnews FAQs.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Killfile and Anti Troll FAQs at