GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/138676-rhs-gen-cert-hort-all-over.html)

Trevor 08-03-2006 05:44 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

Anyone know what the definition of multisowing is?

No 'Name 4 plants for winter interest', '5 plants for dry shade' or '4
scented winter plants' etc. in fact very little on plants I thought.

How'd everyone think they did?

Janet Tweedy 08-03-2006 06:54 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

In article , Trevor
writes
Anyone know what the definition of multisowing is?

No 'Name 4 plants for winter interest', '5 plants for dry shade' or '4
scented winter plants' etc. in fact very little on plants I thought.

How'd everyone think they did?

Judging by this extract on the web

"This reduction is even greater when deficit irrigation is applied. The
analysis was conducted using the simplified optimization model mentioned
above. The results showed that a multisowing-date strategy reduced the
peak farm water-demand rate by more than 20% thus potentially allowing
a reduction in irrigation-system capacity and/or size. depletion of soil
water, soil water potential and plant water potential or canopy
temperature. For practical reasons, the most widely used indicators are
soil water content and soil water potential. However, the spatial
variability of the soil and irrigation depth gives rise to highly
variable soil water content and/or potential data when these are..."

I would hazard a guess and say sowing in succession, like lettuces when
you don't want a glut.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Trevor 08-03-2006 07:17 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Trevor
writes
[...]

One of the other questions in the same overall question was to describe
'successional sowing' !

Mike Lyle 08-03-2006 07:34 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

Trevor wrote:
[...]

The passage quoted is a pretty good example of techno-turbidity:
positively caliginous. The RHS could have had it put into English before
hitting students with it.

--
Mike.

Janet Tweedy 08-03-2006 08:19 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

In article , Mike Lyle
[...]

No Mike ! I searched for multi sowing and a pdf came up about
agriculture in Africa, this was a small extract from it!
I was trying to be helpful :)

Mike Lyle 08-03-2006 08:25 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these
words:

The passage quoted is a pretty good example of techno-turbidity:
positively caliginous. The RHS could have had it put into English
before hitting students with it.

"Please read all pages of the exam paper carefully before
attempting to answer any questions." :-)

Chuckle AKA "RTFQ".

The passage quoted is what a google search on multisowing turned
up.
It wasn't written by the RHS.

Ah: a relief. My mistake, though I don't think you said at the time!

--
Mike.

Trevor 09-03-2006 07:35 AM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Trevor" contains these words:

Anyone know what the definition of multisowing is?

Google search on "multisown" is quite helpful.

No 'Name 4 plants for winter interest', '5 plants for dry shade' or '4
scented winter plants' etc.

Oh dear.

How'd everyone think they did?

How do you think you did?

Janet

I'll let you know in June!

undergroundbob 09-03-2006 03:52 PM

What about 'define senescence'?? That had us all squeaking up here (those sitting in Edinburgh). I've looked it up and I'm still no wiser. From comments it seems that no course can hope to cover all the random stuff the RHS has to choose from.

I mean, what was that one about the organisation for protecting plant diversity about? I'd never heard of them!

Gutted I didn't get the chance to use all the other stuff I'd learned too. Hard to see when knowing the definitions of meosis and mitosis will come into general conversation. Although I'm delighted I memorised the defenition of parathenocarpy.

Does anyone know what the passmark is? So I can count up all the ones I just guessed at and know roughly what to expect...

Bob

Trevor 09-03-2006 04:30 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

wrote in message
ups.com...

Trevor wrote:
Anyone know what the definition of multisowing is?

No 'Name 4 plants for winter interest', '5 plants for dry shade' or '4
scented winter plants' etc. in fact very little on plants I thought.
How'd everyone think they did?

Everyone?! It has always been you and me in this forum taking it ...
but when I mentioned it, I was told I was 'boasting'. You can get away
with it, it seems.

I was really surprised how easy it all was. Got happier and happier at
the second paper -choose the glasshouse (so that I could do a drawing
of the photosynthesis and respiration/transpiration ... I love
drawing). I choose the containers and the veg crop questions with the
multi sowing! I hope you're happy with yourself. I got a bit taken back
by pharthenocarpy and pheno/genotype and suddenly it all went back to
me. Phew!

Good luck with all you wish to do with it. I'm now taking on
landscape/garden design so that I can put my environmental
art/gardening skills to design. Hoping I'll fit it in during day
classes as evening classes really was difficult with the kids missing
me etc. and on winter days it was frankly depressing. My tutor hoped
I'll do the Advance - but not *that* inclined, really ;o)

So it's goodbye to those of you who I have trully enjoyed talking to.
Thanks for the advices Nick and Mike. See you around June, Cath, Jenny,
in Tayac no doubt. Merci Jaques for the laughs and the seeds (doing
well - and the honesty are being dispersed around the neighbourhood).
Good luck Mel with that new plot. Apologies all around for the
nonsense. But as Mike once said 'elle a du chien' - too right I have.

Cheers.

So what did you say multisowing was?

Janet Tweedy 09-03-2006 10:32 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

In article , undergroundbob
writes

What about 'define senescence'?? That had us all squeaking up here
(those sitting in Edinburgh). I've looked it up and I'm still no
wiser.

Did you see this bit?

"This is a term that many biogerontologists have used for a very long
time, and informally what they mean by it is the progressive loss of
physical robustness that happens with time. But because of the linkage
between aging and death, they have also been able to give "senescence" a
formal, mathematical definition -- the progressive increase in an
organism's likelihood to die soon. "

I would have said that meant a 'life span' of something such as long
lived trees or short lived perennials. No?

janet

Rupert 09-03-2006 11:54 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

wrote in message
ups.com...

.. I'm now taking on
landscape/garden design

I am certain you will do for horticulture what the atom bomb did for
Hiroshima.

Janet Tweedy 10-03-2006 01:58 AM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

In article , K
writes
undergroundbob writes

I mean, what was that one about the organisation for protecting plant
diversity about? I'd never heard of them!

Which was that? Plantlife?

Nccpg?

June Hughes 10-03-2006 09:00 AM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

In message , Rupert
writes

wrote in message
oups.com...

. I'm now taking on
landscape/garden design

I am certain you will do for horticulture what the atom bomb did for
Hiroshima.

Was there any need for that?
--
June Hughes

Rupert 10-03-2006 10:53 AM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Rupert writes

wrote in message
roups.com...

. I'm now taking on
landscape/garden design

I am certain you will do for horticulture what the atom bomb did for
Hiroshima.

Was there any need for that?
--
June Hughes

I agree. It wasn't very sporting using that bomb.

Rupert 10-03-2006 12:30 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Rupert writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Rupert
writes

wrote in message
egroups.com...

. I'm now taking on
landscape/garden design

I am certain you will do for horticulture what the atom bomb did for
Hiroshima.

Was there any need for that?
--
June Hughes

I agree. It wasn't very sporting using that bomb.

Well, we were trying to get things back to some semblance of civility.
Never mind. Takes all sorts.
--
June Hughes

Sorry June-I do have a warped sense of humour which often gets me into deep
trouble. I *will* try harder.

June Hughes 10-03-2006 01:19 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

Was there any need for that?

How strange that you have never made that response to the scores of far
more offensive and malicious posts by the person Rupert addressed.

As I have already said in a further reply to Rupert, which you seem to
have missed, we are trying to get back on to an even keel here. Remarks
like Rupert's do not help. He apologised and I thought that was the end
of it but as usual, you had to stick your oar in. Have you nothing else
to do? As for offensive and malicious remarks, I seem to recall you did
your share. I don't think I need say more and certainly don't intend
to justify myself to you. Now, please can we get on with the gardening
and stop scaring people off?
--
June Hughes

Sacha 10-03-2006 02:00 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

On 10/3/06 13:19, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

Was there any need for that?

How strange that you have never made that response to the scores of far
more offensive and malicious posts by the person Rupert addressed.

As I have already said in a further reply to Rupert, which you seem to
have missed, we are trying to get back on to an even keel here. Remarks
like Rupert's do not help. He apologised and I thought that was the end
of it but as usual, you had to stick your oar in. Have you nothing else
to do? As for offensive and malicious remarks, I seem to recall you did
your share. I don't think I need say more and certainly don't intend
to justify myself to you. Now, please can we get on with the gardening
and stop scaring people off?

Your last sentence is a very good idea, in general. But it would be greatly
assisted if you play your part, too and stop dropping dark and leaden hints
about people you dislike on here and what real or imagined slights you feel
they have dealt you in the long-distant past. That way, we could *all* start
with a clean slate and hope the trolling past is behind us, too.
Unfortunately, Puce's habit of naming people she emails with has led to some
bad feeling on here and as Janet has been grossly insulted over and over
again, it's not hard to understand her indignation at someone who is clearly
a Puce supporter and yet is urging the group towards harmony and good
conduct! Perhaps now that Puce appears to have taken a well-timed bow and
departed, we can get over the nastiness she and those who egged her on,
contributed to.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

BAC 10-03-2006 02:47 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 10/3/06 13:19, in article , "June

snip

Unfortunately, Puce's habit of naming people she emails with has led to

some
bad feeling on here and as Janet has been grossly insulted over and over
again, it's not hard to understand her indignation at someone who is

clearly
a Puce supporter and yet is urging the group towards harmony and good
conduct! Perhaps now that Puce appears to have taken a well-timed bow and
departed, we can get over the nastiness she and those who egged her on,
contributed to.

What about June's post makes you think she is clearly a 'Puce supporter'?

All she was doing, IMO, was criticising Rupert for what she clearly regarded
as an insensitive and ill timed wisecrack, not defending or supporting la
Puce.

June Hughes 10-03-2006 02:48 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

In message , Sacha
writes
Hughes" wrote:

[...]

And to think I had just started reading your posts again, after your
brief visit to uk f+d during the last couple of weeks, when you were all
sweetness and light. What sort of result do you think your above post
achieved except to display an attempt to irritate? The high-handed
attitude is all very well if you own something but you do not own this
ng and you certainly do not have any power over me. Perhaps we can now
settle down to gardening - yet again. As you suggested some time ago,
it would be better if you and I ignored each other and that suits me
fine.
--
June Hughes

June Hughes 10-03-2006 03:20 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

In message , BAC
writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
lid...
On 10/3/06 13:19, in article , "June

snip

Unfortunately, Puce's habit of naming people she emails with has led to

some
bad feeling on here and as Janet has been grossly insulted over and over
again, it's not hard to understand her indignation at someone who is

clearly
a Puce supporter and yet is urging the group towards harmony and good
conduct! Perhaps now that Puce appears to have taken a well-timed bow and
departed, we can get over the nastiness she and those who egged her on,
contributed to.

What about June's post makes you think she is clearly a 'Puce supporter'?

All she was doing, IMO, was criticising Rupert for what she clearly regarded
as an insensitive and ill timed wisecrack, not defending or supporting la
Puce.

Rupert apologised and was IMO very amicable about my post. He could
have lost his rag but he didn't.
--
June Hughes

June Hughes 10-03-2006 03:39 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes

snip pompous tirade

I don't think I need say more

Then don't. People from the distant past may actually start to come
back here then.

Now, please can we get on with the gardening

The day you start posting here about gardening, I'll look out my
special recipe for cooking beebonnets.

Surely you mean Scotch bonnets? Get looking.
--
June Hughes

JennyC 10-03-2006 05:55 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

"Sacha" wrote

Perhaps now that Puce appears to have taken a well-timed bow and
departed, we can get over the nastiness she and those who egged her on,
contributed to.

Pot calling the kettle black Sacha!!

I've tried not to get mixed up in this affair, but cannot be quiet any longer.

I'm sure and Janet are wonderful loving people but you don't show it much in URG
:~((

I suppose because you are both long term participants, you seem to think you own
the place. I wonder just how many people have been put of by the pair of you?

Pity as gardening should be a friendly relaxing thing...........

Jenny (ducking down behind the compost bin to avoid the flack)

Trevor 10-03-2006 06:18 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

"undergroundbob" wrote in message

What about 'define senescence'?? That had us all squeaking up here
(those sitting in Edinburgh). I've looked it up and I'm still no
wiser. From comments it seems that no course can hope to cover all the
random stuff the RHS has to choose from.

I mean, what was that one about the organisation for protecting plant
diversity about? I'd never heard of them!

Our tutors had given us a copy of every exam paper in ther past 7 years. I
did 6 hours revision in the last 6 days, and on the morning of the exam saw
this question and went to ther NCCPG website. There it gave you 3 things
they are doing to further plant conservation:

640 National Plant Collections

40 area groups

the Demeter database project.

Just lucky I spotted it!

Gutted I didn't get the chance to use all the other stuff I'd learned
too. Hard to see when knowing the definitions of meosis and mitosis
will come into general conversation. Although I'm delighted I
memorised the defenition of parathenocarpy.

Does anyone know what the passmark is? So I can count up all the ones
I just guessed at and know roughly what to expect...

Passmark is 50% and distinction is 75%

I hadn't;t a clue what the parts of a flower were or what mitosis or meiosis
where until 2 days before the exam!

Trevor 10-03-2006 06:19 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

undergroundbob writes

Trevor 10-03-2006 06:21 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

"undergroundbob" wrote in message

What about 'define senescence'?? That had us all squeaking up here
(those sitting in Edinburgh). I've looked it up and I'm still no
wiser. From comments it seems that no course can hope to cover all the
random stuff the RHS has to choose from.

It was in a past exam paper, but when revising I couldn't find anything
about it. I waffled in the end about leaves changing colour and absyssic
acid.

Trevor 10-03-2006 07:44 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

Flippin' 'eck what did I start here? I thought gardening was about the
plants and the bees!

Rupert 10-03-2006 07:57 PM

"Trevor" wrote in message
Flippin' 'eck what did I start here? I thought gardening was about the
plants and the bees!

Ecky-Thump--plants can be poisonous and bees sting but not all the time:-)

June Hughes 10-03-2006 08:53 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

In message , Trevor
writes
Flippin' 'eck what did I start here? I thought gardening was about the
plants and the bees!

It is, it is, Trevor. So long as it is about bees and not wasps, I am
happy. (OK, I know wasps do a lot of good but I am still very scared of
them. Someone who used to post here years ago and who is a very
well-respected gardener in urg is allergic to wasps and has to carry his
medication at all times).
--
June Hughes

June Hughes 10-03-2006 08:54 PM

"Trevor" wrote in message
Flippin' 'eck what did I start here? I thought gardening was about the
plants and the bees!

Ecky-Thump--plants can be poisonous and bees sting but not all the time:-)

At least they are a bit more careful about stinging than wasps, unless
of course they have a death-wish.
--
June Hughes

Trevor 10-03-2006 10:05 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Trevor
writes
Flippin' 'eck what did I start here? I thought gardening was about the
plants and the bees!

It is, it is, Trevor. So long as it is about bees and not wasps, I am
happy. (OK, I know wasps do a lot of good but I am still very scared of
them. Someone who used to post here years ago and who is a very
well-respected gardener in urg is allergic to wasps and has to carry his
medication at all times).
--

Yes. I had a friend as a boy who went into a coma if he got stung. I
remember seeing him eat toast and jam in the street and a wasp landed on his

June Hughes 10-03-2006 10:27 PM

[...]

Shudder!
--
June Hughes

Sacha 10-03-2006 10:37 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

On 10/3/06 14:47, in article , "BAC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 10/3/06 13:19, in article
, "June
snip

Unfortunately, Puce's habit of naming people she emails with has led to

some
bad feeling on here and as Janet has been grossly insulted over and over
again, it's not hard to understand her indignation at someone who is

clearly
a Puce supporter and yet is urging the group towards harmony and good
conduct! Perhaps now that Puce appears to have taken a well-timed bow and
departed, we can get over the nastiness she and those who egged her on,
contributed to.

What about June's post makes you think she is clearly a 'Puce supporter'?

All she was doing, IMO, was criticising Rupert for what she clearly regarded
as an insensitive and ill timed wisecrack, not defending or supporting la
Puce.

I'm not getting into an argument over this because I hope it's over. I will
merely refer you to Puce's apparently 'departing' post. And I will remind
you that in all the abuse hurled at Janet there are some who have said not
one word of condemnation to Puce but now, at the final hour, attempt to
defend her. That's enough for me. My money was never in any danger.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sacha 10-03-2006 10:43 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

On 10/3/06 14:48, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
Hughes" wrote:

[...]

June, do try not to make yourself more ridiculous than you can help. On one
day you told Puce that you have no trouble ignoring me and on the next you
sent at least four replies to my posts to the foodie group, one of which was
positively 'cosy'. Make up your mind as to how you choose to observe my
posts and stick to it, please. You have a very bad habit of not coming into
this group for a long time and then appearing out of the blue and telling
everyone how to behave. It's a recurring habit of yours. Please do not
think that this goes unobserved. You do it on group and you do it in email.
It's unattractive and untruthful, IMO.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sacha 10-03-2006 10:49 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

On 10/3/06 17:55, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote

Perhaps now that Puce appears to have taken a well-timed bow and
departed, we can get over the nastiness she and those who egged her on,
contributed to.

Pot calling the kettle black Sacha!!

I've tried not to get mixed up in this affair, but cannot be quiet any longer.

I'm sure and Janet are wonderful loving people but you don't show it much in
URG
:~((

I suppose because you are both long term participants, you seem to think you
own
the place. I wonder just how many people have been put of by the pair of you?

Pity as gardening should be a friendly relaxing thing...........

Jenny (ducking down behind the compost bin to avoid the flack)

I'm sorry to read this from you, Jenny but not entirely surprised as Puce
named you as one of her supporters. I think Janet and I object to people
posting bad information to boost their egos and that is what Puce does. If
you think that's okay, you are of course, at liberty to support her. I'm
sorry to say that I thought better of you than to make that 'long time
participants' crack but I was mistaken. The great interest of news groups
is surely that we all do have differing views. If you think Puce's form of
virulent and foulmouthed attacks on those who see her for what she is makes
us nasty people then somehow, we'll have to live with that, I suppose. I'm
sure we will agree that she's done a good job with this group, donšt' you
think?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

June Hughes 10-03-2006 11:30 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

In message , Sacha
writes
On 10/3/06 14:48, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

Snip
[...]

Mendacity huh? You are very good at that, Sacha. I was friendly to you
on uk f+d because you behaved well there and you were a guest. I have
never stayed out of this group, although I didn't post for a very long
time as a result of coming up against your unfriendly and sometimes
nasty attitude. Now I am not interested in you. You can have the last
word. I shan't reply.
--
June Hughes

June Hughes 11-03-2006 11:03 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

In message , Sacha
writes
You have a very bad habit of not coming into
this group for a long time and then appearing out of the blue and telling
everyone how to behave. It's a recurring habit of yours. Please do not
think that this goes unobserved. You do it on group and you do it in
email.
It's unattractive and untruthful, IMO.

Mendacity huh? You are very good at that, Sacha. I was friendly to you
on uk f+d because you behaved well there and you were a guest.

In what way is any poster a guest there? Does this mean you consider
yourself the hostess, graciously permitting people to post to your
group? How extraordinary.

No, I am not 'hostess', as you so 'intelligently' put it - we all are.
And so it should be here in urg. Instead of which you and Sacha seen to
be taking on the role of mistresses of all you survey. Even very
recently you have had a go at innocent new posters, forcing them to
apologise for their 'mis-behaviours'.
I have
never stayed out of this group,

That is regrettably true, but you have very often slammed out of it in
a temper tantrum vowing never to return because it's so howwible. So
often have you performed that trick on urg that your performances
acquired the name "June's Flounce Announcements" and I regret to say,
a certain gentlemen used to run a book on how long the latest Flounce
Announcement would last before you revoked it.

Yes, I have stopped posting here in the past, as a result of your and
Sacha's unfriendliness. That does not mean I have not been lurking here.
As for the name you assigned to me- acquired the name from whom? You
and Sacha?
You can have the last
word. I shan't reply.

Another familiar June-ism, which never lasts.

Oh Grow up, you silly woman. You may know a lot about gardening but you
surely are one of the most silly and bitchy persons here. Keep to what
you know - you will be better for it.
--
June Hughes

Sacha 12-03-2006 12:38 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

On 10/3/06 23:30, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

snip

Now I am not interested in you.

Untrue. You are interested enough to have dropped snide remarks and sulky
hints for weeks, clearly inviting others to enquire further. You're simply
in a snit because they didn't and because you've realised that Puce has
dropped you right in it with her revelations as to who has been egging her
on.

You can have the last
word. I shan't reply.

Why, thank you. In that case, I must say that my sense of humour has been
fully restored at watching two people who have privately encouraged Puce's
foul-mouthed tirades attempting to claw back the moral high ground! The
spectacle of you telling this group how to behave and play 'nice', when you
not only haven't been here for months and have almost nothing to say about
gardening, but have been one of those stirring up the trouble in emails is
genuinely hilarious. IMO, you've suddenly realised that Puce has pushed you
off your self-erected pedestal and have gone into a first class panic. I
may say that I didn't take the bet offered me that you were one of those
involved as a Puce email crony. I was quite sure of it.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

June Hughes 12-03-2006 07:31 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes

snip diatribe

Oh no, and only days since you were assuring the readers that I have
the June Hughes Good Egg Certificate of Approval. Now they won't know
if they can believe a word you say.

I said someone else spoke highly of you, not me. My opinion of you is
that you are a nasty, vindictive, frustrated woman who think she is the
boss of all and sundry. Is that clear enough for you?

How many self-contradictions can you cram into one post, I wonder?

Janet

You should know. Now why don't you just crawl back under your stone?
You and Sacha can both post your ridiculous rubbish as much as you like.
You are only making fools of yourselves, not anyone else. You don't own
this or any other group, as much as you may think you do, despite your
frequent witch-hunts. Most of the old posters have left and I am not
surprised with you and your friend around. Between you, you have tried
very hard to ruin this group. It looks as though you are succeeding.
--
June Hughes

Ophelia 12-03-2006 08:13 PM

[...]

Oh my!!! Well I haven't been here for a while but I will accept June's
assessment. I know June and I both like her and respect her judgement.

BAC 12-03-2006 08:53 PM

RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 10/3/06 14:47, in article ,

"BAC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 10/3/06 13:19, in article
,
"June
snip

[...]

I read June's post more as a criticism of its timing and its likelihood of
stirring matters up again than a defence of La Puce. If she had said
something along the lines that the remark was unfair, inaccurate and an
unwarranted slur on her good friend La Puce, that would be 'defence', IMO,
but she said nothing of the sort.

That's enough for me. My money was never in any danger.

Money?