GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is anybody there ( 22.20 hrs ref point) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/139058-anybody-there-22-20-hrs-ref-point.html)

newsb 15-03-2006 03:53 PM

Is anybody there ( 22.20 hrs ref point)

In article , June Hughes
writes

After a quick scan, it looked to me as though someone there was telling
La Puce off for replying to trolls. Perhaps I missed the bit where
they may or may not have talked about flooding this ng.

The thread there - about a poster called Ah - relates to a flood in
demon local quite a long time ago. I've no reason to believe either way
whether it was related to the recent urg floods or not. LaP was not
involved in the flooding at all - but seemed to like the person Ah - who
flooded - supposedly in response to "an aggressive troll".

In fact, this Ah has proven himself to be a fully fledged troll himself
- mainly by the schizoid behaviour of trying to appear all calm,
reasonable and affable to one group - and actually doing his best to
make dl unreadable to anyone that doesn't like interminable inane
cascades, abuse and deliberate attempts to cause problems for the
genuine readers of the group. He might not be as bad as some, but
that's a pretty odd measure to come to a positive judgement on him.

(And I say that as someone who likes LaP - and who has seen similar such
explosions in dl for many years. LaP is rather hot-headed at times -
and does respond rather too quickly with heart rather than mind
sometimes. That aside, I'm staying out of the whole sordid squabble:)

--
regards andyw

androo 15-03-2006 04:40 PM

Is anybody there ( 22.20 hrs ref point)

Just think of it like a spot of bad weather. It will go away.

Keep on gardening!

Androo

La Puce 15-03-2006 05:03 PM

newsb wrote:
That aside, I'm staying out of the whole sordid squabble:)

Great idea ;o)

I've had a little look around because from where I am now it's gone all
pear shape, again. This type of flooding is different to what we have
experienced over the years in dl. In dl. it was via cascading and
discussions and crossposting - this is very different. I took the
profile of one post who seemed to be familiar and repeatitive - and the
first post that this individual has posted in the genre is the 13th Dec
2004. That's not new then! His/hers first attempt to send this kind of
nonsense came from alt.fan.barry-manilow (of all ngs ...) and the same
address is being used, .

I'm no expert - and this is as far as I can go, but I often wondered if
it wouldn't be a good idea to flood that individual email address so
that he/she gets his/hers own medicine? But then we're reduce to the
same level as this idiot ...