Old 15-03-2006, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Sad to see !

"garryac" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently moved house a matter of two minutes walk down the lane, the
people who bought my old house commented how nice the front garden
was....it is a small terraced house and I had worked hard on the garden
over the space of 8 or nine years, lovley peonies, red hot pokers,
geraniums, ceanothus, hebes, old roses, a healthy privet and hydranger
hedge along the front it was very pretty, people would stop to look
when they walked past. I was going to dig uop some of the perenials and
take them with me, but left them becuase the new owners sais they
really liked them.

I walked past last night, and they have grubbed everything out, and are
in the process concreteing over it to make a parking space
It really upset me...irrational I know but there you go

If it is any consolation when we bought our place a few years ago (first
home) after some time as a rental there was a really scungy tattered red
robin hedge along the road frontage. It had a very minimal leaf coverage on
the top 1/4 only. With regular trims in spring and autumn, mulching with
compost and insect control we now have leaf coverage all the way down to the
ground in many places. Whilst it is not magnificantly bushy, yet, it
provides a great screen from passers bye. Coming through any gaps in the
base of the hedge are juvenile plants we planted over the last 2-3 years.
For every garden that is ripped out or left to go to rack and ruin their is
another on the way back to health.

rob

ps where we live provet is a noxious weed and does best on a roaring fire in
winter.

Sad to see ! garryac United Kingdom 10 15-03-2006 11:11 AM
Pond Pump loses its prime in an hour.. each time? see end. I did see a leak in the seal but why Neil Ponds 0 20-04-2004 08:07 PM
Pond Pump loses its prime in an hour.. each time? see end. I did see a leak in the seal but why A.N.Other Ponds 0 19-04-2004 02:04 PM
Pond Pump loses its prime in an hour.. each time? see end. I did see a leak in the seal but why Neil Ponds 0 19-04-2004 01:03 AM
Pond Pump loses its prime in an hour.. each time? see end. I did see a leak in the seal but why A.N.Other Ponds 0 18-04-2004 09:08 PM