GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stock - newbie question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/14026-stock-newbie-question.html)

Glenda Young 06-04-2003 10:20 PM

Stock - newbie question

Last summer I planted some stock which I bought from the garden centre
as small plants. It has somehow lasted all through last winter -
without losing any flowers - and is blooming away again as a 1.5ft
tall shrub. However, although it's flowering well, the stalks are
yellowed and it looks a bit sad - not sure if I should have pruned it
or what to do now to make it look more healthy. Any suggestions
please?

Michael Berridge 07-04-2003 09:20 PM

Stock - newbie question

Glenda Young wrote in message ...
Last summer I planted some stock which I bought from the garden centre
as small plants. It has somehow lasted all through last winter -
without losing any flowers - and is blooming away again as a 1.5ft
tall shrub. However, although it's flowering well, the stalks are
yellowed and it looks a bit sad - not sure if I should have pruned it
or what to do now to make it look more healthy. Any suggestions
please?

Stock are normally treated as an annual or biennial. they are often
hardy but will get very leggy as yours has done. Usual thing is to get
rid and start again with new plants.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk