Old 06-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Glenda Young

Default Stock - newbie question

Last summer I planted some stock which I bought from the garden centre
as small plants. It has somehow lasted all through last winter -
without losing any flowers - and is blooming away again as a 1.5ft
tall shrub. However, although it's flowering well, the stalks are
yellowed and it looks a bit sad - not sure if I should have pruned it
or what to do now to make it look more healthy. Any suggestions
please?

Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Michael Berridge

Glenda Young wrote in message ...
Last summer I planted some stock which I bought from the garden centre
as small plants. It has somehow lasted all through last winter -
without losing any flowers - and is blooming away again as a 1.5ft
tall shrub. However, although it's flowering well, the stalks are
yellowed and it looks a bit sad - not sure if I should have pruned it
or what to do now to make it look more healthy. Any suggestions
please?

Stock are normally treated as an annual or biennial. they are often
hardy but will get very leggy as yours has done. Usual thing is to get
rid and start again with new plants.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Root stock question Steve Turner[_2_] United Kingdom 5 15-05-2009 03:15 PM
root stock question Sharon Capps Roses 2 09-06-2007 03:25 PM
stock...east london John Kingscott Bonsai 0 12-03-2003 09:59 PM
4" Bulkhead into 150 gallon stock tank? Oingofan Ponds 8 31-01-2003 06:51 PM
4" Bulkhead into 150 gallon stock tank? Tom La Bron Ponds 1 29-01-2003 04:22 PM