Old 06-04-2003, 11:34 PM
david

Default another CameliaQuestion

I have several well established camellias (5 to 7 ft) and now have a wild
cherry tree growing amongst them.
My question is will it harm them if I let it grow to maturity?

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 08-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Chris Hogg

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 23:17:07 +0100, "david"
wrote:

I have several well established camellias (5 to 7 ft) and now have a wild
cherry tree growing amongst them.
My question is will it harm them if I let it grow to maturity?

I can't see why it should. When it gets big enough, the dappled shade
from the cherry might even be beneficial. Have you any particular
concern in mind, like depriving the camellias of nutrients or
moisture? Feeding and watering by hand would take care of that if it
ever became a problem. The large Cornish camellia gardens have all
sorts of things inter-planted with their camellias, and everything
seems to thrive.

--
Chris