GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   can anyone recognize red stele from pictures? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/141219-can-anyone-recognize-red-stele-pictures.html)

GH 16-03-2006 12:02 PM

can anyone recognize red stele from pictures?

I bought 1 week ago some new strawberry plants which I suspect could
have been infected with phytophtora - red stele. The center of the
plants had a reddish brick colour and some leaves also show this. The
entire plant is very small, dwarfed... They are "Gento" strawberries.
Maybe someone has had them...

Should I throw them away? I can send pictures if anyone can recognize
the infection. I would have put them on the internet but I don't know
how and don't own a site.

Thank you in advance 4 your help.

Gardening_Convert 16-03-2006 12:56 PM

can anyone recognize red stele from pictures?

Use http://tinypic.com/ they will host any pics for you for FREE and
they will give you a URL which you can post in the forum

GH 16-03-2006 06:25 PM

can anyone recognize red stele from pictures?

Thank you! I posted the images:
http://i2.tinypic.com/rjlily.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/rjlixj.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/rjlj74.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/rjlk3n.jpg

There will be some whitish spots on the leaves - that's because the
leaves have been sprayed with an organic sulphur fungicide. Not that it
would do much good if infection confirmed...

GH 16-03-2006 06:27 PM

can anyone recognize red stele from pictures?

I forgot to say that when I bought the plants the spots in the miggle
that are now brownish were brick-red or dark orange. Foolishly I
thought that might have been a characteristic of the Gento strawberry.