Old 16-03-2006, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
GH

Default can anyone recognize red stele from pictures?

I bought 1 week ago some new strawberry plants which I suspect could
have been infected with phytophtora - red stele. The center of the
plants had a reddish brick colour and some leaves also show this. The
entire plant is very small, dwarfed... They are "Gento" strawberries.
Maybe someone has had them...

Should I throw them away? I can send pictures if anyone can recognize
the infection. I would have put them on the internet but I don't know
how and don't own a site.

Thank you in advance 4 your help.

Old 16-03-2006, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Use http://tinypic.com/ they will host any pics for you for FREE and
they will give you a URL which you can post in the forum

Old 16-03-2006, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
GH

Thank you! I posted the images:
http://i2.tinypic.com/rjlily.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/rjlixj.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/rjlj74.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/rjlk3n.jpg

There will be some whitish spots on the leaves - that's because the
leaves have been sprayed with an organic sulphur fungicide. Not that it
would do much good if infection confirmed...

Old 16-03-2006, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
GH

I forgot to say that when I bought the plants the spots in the miggle
that are now brownish were brick-red or dark orange. Foolishly I
thought that might have been a characteristic of the Gento strawberry.