Old 02-04-2006, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default chat

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message .com
from "Greenfingers???" contains these words:

is there a special chatroom for this newsgroup?

No.

What on earth is a chatroom?

Alan

Janet

Old 03-04-2006, 02:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
from "Greenfingers???" contains these

words:

is there a special chatroom for this newsgroup?

No.

What on earth is a chatroom?

You can go online and "chat" (post messages) which are then instantly
replied to as you sit there at yor computer. Its like a newsgroup but
without the delay (of days or hours) in seeing who is going to reply
to your posts.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

Alan Holmes wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message .com
from "Greenfingers???" contains these

words:

is there a special chatroom for this newsgroup?

No.

What on earth is a chatroom?

It's a bit of a website where people can have a discussion like
this, by typing words into their keyboard. The difference from a
newsgroup is that a chatroom is live (so, for you and me to be
discussing this in a chatroom, we'd both have to be there at the same
time), and , it's completely transitory. As the page fills with
remarks, it just scrolls away into the abyss and our words of wisdom
are never seen again. So, anyone coming along to the chatroom half an
hour later will never know what you asked and what I answered.There's
no archive of course so latecomers can't look up previous conversations
as we do here on uusenet

The only good thing about chatrooms Imho is that users rapidly
improve thair typing speed :-)

Janet

Janet

Old 03-04-2006, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

The only good thing about chatrooms Imho is that users rapidly
improve thair typing speed :-)
^^^^

but not 'there' spelling or 'grammer'

mike

[IBC] Bonsai Chat Mar 31 Jim Bonsai 0 30-03-2003 05:44 PM
invitation to the daily/nightly/whenever orchid chat Prem Subrahmanyam Gardening 0 11-02-2003 07:25 AM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat 2-10 Jim Harwood Bonsai 0 09-02-2003 04:05 PM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat Feb 3 jharwood Bonsai 0 02-02-2003 10:15 PM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat Jan 27 Jim Harwood Bonsai 0 26-01-2003 03:37 PM