Old 04-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered User

Default spring bulbs

I'm new to this so not sure how this is posted, but would like to find out about sprouting tulip and narcissus bulbs I have found, that were outside so have had the cold and now are sprouting. Don't want to put them in the ground so can I pot them up to ensure flowering this year, either inside or out?
Ta
Old 04-04-2006, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

Oh yes. They know what they're about, and If they're sprouting they
know it's their time. Pot them up or plant them out, they'll know what
to do.

Steve

Old 05-04-2006, 05:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Andrea Thomas" wrote in message

I'm new to this so not sure how this is posted, but would like to find
out about sprouting tulip and narcissus bulbs I have found, that were
outside so have had the cold and now are sprouting. Don't want to put
them in the ground so can I pot them up to ensure flowering this year,
either inside or out?
Ta
Andrea Thomas

Hi Andrea,
When posting here it's always good to have something relevant in the Subject or
people may not look at your post (this ones OK, but you posted the same question
under "Andrea")

Plant the bulbs asap. A pot will be OK, but they may not flower this year as
they should have been building up their growth over the winter. But if you leave
them to die down in the pot and feed them they will probably flower next year.

jenny

spring bulbs miklol United Kingdom 3 30-09-2003 11:41 PM
Water & fertilize bulbs in spring or fall? Pelvis Popcan Gardening 4 08-08-2003 11:22 PM
spring bulbs miklol United Kingdom 2 25-05-2003 01:56 PM
Storage for spring bulbs? Mick709 Gardening 1 08-03-2003 10:56 PM
Spring Bulbs Greg Gardening 2 04-02-2003 02:48 AM