GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Any ideas of a UK supplier of spotted laurel at 1m tall potted (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/142093-any-ideas-uk-supplier-spotted-laurel-1m-tall-potted.html)

the carpet man 07-04-2006 07:18 PM

Any ideas of a UK supplier of spotted laurel at 1m tall potted

Preferably mailorder or situated in the Midlands. I am after 20 off
???

Mike Lyle 07-04-2006 09:52 PM

the carpet man wrote:
Preferably mailorder or situated in the Midlands. I am after 20 off
???

The local shed will probably have them, but Buckingham Nurseries are
probably cheaper at £2.15 each for under fifty, and have given me good
service. See:
http://www.hedging.co.uk/acatalog/product_10226.html

Otherwise, check Yellow Pages.

--
Mike.

the carpet man 08-04-2006 07:48 AM

Any ideas of a UK supplier of spotted laurel at 1m tall potted

But these are only 300mm tall, I am after 1m tall

K 08-04-2006 02:04 PM

Any ideas of a UK supplier of spotted laurel at 1m tall potted

the carpet man writes
But these are only 300mm tall, I am after 1m tall

It would have helped if you'd said that before!
Any other requirements you haven't told us about? ;-)

wrote:

the carpet man wrote:
Preferably mailorder or situated in the Midlands. I am after 20 off
???

The local shed will probably have them, but Buckingham Nurseries are
probably cheaper at £2.15 each for under fifty, and have given me good
service. See:
http://www.hedging.co.uk/acatalog/product_10226.html

Otherwise, check Yellow Pages.

--
Kay

Mike Lyle 08-04-2006 05:12 PM

Any ideas of a UK supplier of spotted laurel at 1m tall potted

the carpet man writes

wrote:

the carpet man wrote:
Preferably mailorder or situated in the Midlands. I am after 20 off
???

The local shed will probably have them, but Buckingham Nurseries are
probably cheaper at £2.15 each for under fifty, and have given me
good service. See:
http://www.hedging.co.uk/acatalog/product_10226.html

Otherwise, check Yellow Pages.

And, come to that, on general principles I'm not a fan of planting
bigger trees and shrubs. In this case, a metre is close to half or a
third of the mature height: makes me draw breath through pursed lips
like a garage man looking at my car!

--
Mike.

see u jimmy 09-04-2006 05:28 PM

Any ideas of a UK supplier of spotted laurel at 1m tall potted

Why not read the 'subject' you ******* ****. It says 1m tall potted.

Or can you not read ???

the carpet man writes

Mike Lyle 09-04-2006 06:10 PM

see u jimmy wrote:
Why not read the 'subject' you ******* ****. It says 1m tall potted.

Or can you not read ???

the carpet man writes
But these are only 300mm tall, I am after 1m tall

It would have helped if you'd said that before!
Any other requirements you haven't told us about? ;-)

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 21:52:23 +0100, "Mike Lyle"

I assume you're addressing me, sir. I apologise for giving so much
offence by my outrageous behaviour. I wouldn't reply, but calmer readers
may like to have the information.

Many newsreaders don't display the full subject line; and in some
designs and situations it may not appear obviously. This is why
experienced Usenetters in general expect all relevant material to be in
the body of a message, not in the subject line.

K 09-04-2006 06:29 PM

Any ideas of a UK supplier of spotted laurel at 1m tall potted

Mike Lyle writes

I assume you're addressing me, sir.

No, it's me he's addressing. Still, he won't be bothered by any of my
replies in the future.

--
Kay