Old 07-04-2006, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
the carpet man

Default Any ideas of a UK supplier of spotted laurel at 1m tall potted

Preferably mailorder or situated in the Midlands. I am after 20 off
???
Old 07-04-2006, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

the carpet man wrote:
Preferably mailorder or situated in the Midlands. I am after 20 off
???

The local shed will probably have them, but Buckingham Nurseries are
probably cheaper at £2.15 each for under fifty, and have given me good
service. See:
http://www.hedging.co.uk/acatalog/product_10226.html

Otherwise, check Yellow Pages.

--
Mike.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
the carpet man

But these are only 300mm tall, I am after 1m tall

Old 08-04-2006, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

the carpet man writes
But these are only 300mm tall, I am after 1m tall

It would have helped if you'd said that before!
Any other requirements you haven't told us about? ;-)

wrote:

the carpet man wrote:
Preferably mailorder or situated in the Midlands. I am after 20 off
???

The local shed will probably have them, but Buckingham Nurseries are
probably cheaper at £2.15 each for under fifty, and have given me good
service. See:
http://www.hedging.co.uk/acatalog/product_10226.html

Otherwise, check Yellow Pages.

--
Kay
Old 08-04-2006, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

the carpet man writes

wrote:

the carpet man wrote:
Preferably mailorder or situated in the Midlands. I am after 20 off
???

The local shed will probably have them, but Buckingham Nurseries are
probably cheaper at £2.15 each for under fifty, and have given me
good service. See:
http://www.hedging.co.uk/acatalog/product_10226.html

Otherwise, check Yellow Pages.

And, come to that, on general principles I'm not a fan of planting
bigger trees and shrubs. In this case, a metre is close to half or a
third of the mature height: makes me draw breath through pursed lips
like a garage man looking at my car!

--
Mike.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
see u jimmy

Why not read the 'subject' you ******* ****. It says 1m tall potted.

Or can you not read ???

the carpet man writes

Old 09-04-2006, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

see u jimmy wrote:
Why not read the 'subject' you ******* ****. It says 1m tall potted.

Or can you not read ???

the carpet man writes
But these are only 300mm tall, I am after 1m tall

It would have helped if you'd said that before!
Any other requirements you haven't told us about? ;-)

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 21:52:23 +0100, "Mike Lyle"

I assume you're addressing me, sir. I apologise for giving so much
offence by my outrageous behaviour. I wouldn't reply, but calmer readers
may like to have the information.

Many newsreaders don't display the full subject line; and in some
designs and situations it may not appear obviously. This is why
experienced Usenetters in general expect all relevant material to be in
the body of a message, not in the subject line.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Mike Lyle writes

I assume you're addressing me, sir.

No, it's me he's addressing. Still, he won't be bothered by any of my
replies in the future.

--
Kay