Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-04-2006, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BC

Default Neglected Apple tree

Hi there,

I have recently moving into an old house with a mature garden. There is a
neglegted apple tree in the garden which I would like to get under control.
Over the winter I removed all the dead and broken branches but after that
I'm not too sure what to do. I've read a few articles about fruit tree
pruning and I think I have the general gist that I need to get it into a
goblet shape - other than that does anyone else have any advice?

One other thing, the tree seems to be covered in what looks like open
"sores" that is eating the bark. I've uploaded some photos to a hosting
website as well as an overall picture of the tree at the moment. Is anyone
able to identify what is wrong and how to fix it?

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...5005Medium.jpg

TIA.

Brent

Reviving a neglected apple tree scott Lawns 2 28-01-2006 12:49 AM
reviving a neglected apple tree scott Edible Gardening 3 27-01-2006 02:56 AM
Pruning a neglected apple tree Brian Edible Gardening 8 29-03-2004 01:05 AM
Neglected planter david United Kingdom 1 13-04-2003 10:08 AM
Pruning neglected, overgrown pear tree Ed Evans Gardening 3 24-03-2003 02:08 PM