Old 25-04-2006, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donwill

Default Hinomayo

I'm looking for a nursery within reach of North Shropshire which stocks
Azaleas & rhododendrons. I'm looking particularily for Jap azalea Hinomayo
which I understand to be a very clean pink (not muddy). So many nurseries
seem only to stock azaleas by colour these days not named varieties.
Cheers
Donwill

Old 25-04-2006, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
I'm looking for a nursery within reach of North Shropshire which stocks
Azaleas & rhododendrons. I'm looking particularily for Jap azalea Hinomayo
which I understand to be a very clean pink (not muddy). So many nurseries
seem only to stock azaleas by colour these days not named varieties.
Cheers
Donwill

On the rare occasions that I buy Azaleas I use a Scottish place who deliver
very good quality stock.
http://www.brae.co.uk/Hinomayo/details.html

The RHS plant finder gives the following
http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder...s.asp?ID=84928

Old 25-04-2006, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

We live on the Shropshire/Cheshire border and we have Bridgemere garden
world just up the road from us. It is massive and we bought 4
Rhodedendrons from them last week. They claim to have the largest
selection of plants in the UK and you need at least a day to wander
around it because a couple of hours is never enough! You can go online
and check if they have what you want as well. Just Google - Bridgemere
Garden World. I think it is infact within the boundaries of Shropshire
(just) and may even be not too far from you.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search.

Gail

Old 27-04-2006, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donwill

I'm looking for a nursery within reach of North Shropshire which stocks
Azaleas & rhododendrons. I'm looking particularily for Jap azalea Hinomayo
snipped

Many thanks, will try Bridgemere.
Cheers
Donwill

Old 27-04-2006, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

You're very welcome, I hope you find what you want :-)