Old 28-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Registered User

Default Garden tool transport

I am fairly careless when it comes to keeping my tools in order. After a good day in the garden I generally end up with my trowels and forks all over the garden. I was considering looking into buying some form of garden tool caddy, and was wondering whether anyone knows of any good ones on the market, or has any advice as to how they keep their tools together?

Many thanks
Old 28-04-2006, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
greeneugene

A wheelbarrow ;-)

That's what I use :-))))

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July
2007

Old 29-04-2006, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

greeneugene wrote:
I am fairly careless when it comes to keeping my tools in order. After a
good day in the garden I generally end up with my trowels and forks all
over the garden. I was considering looking into buying some form of
garden tool caddy, and was wondering whether anyone knows of any good
ones on the market, or has any advice as to how they keep their tools
together?

I think many/most of us rediscover tools when autumn comes and
vegetation has died down! However, if I were you, I'd just bung them
all in a bucket and carry that around. It also comes in handy for
putting weeds into, just so long as you don't chuck both weeds AND
tools onto the bonfire or compost heap!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-05-2006, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
newsb

In article .com,
Sacha writes
I think many/most of us rediscover tools when autumn comes and
vegetation has died down! However, if I were you, I'd just bung them
all in a bucket and carry that around. It also comes in handy for
putting weeds into, just so long as you don't chuck both weeds AND
tools onto the bonfire or compost heap!

That's what I did with a brand new pair of Felco secateurs the year
before last

Well, I was feeding a dustbin/incinerator fire - in the dark, with
secateurs either in my hand or on the ground too close to the pile to be
burned. Later I discovered they weren't in my hand. Being dark, I
wasn't particularly concerned and thought I'd find them in the morning.
Eventually I did - in the ashes - the blades looked good but all the
plastic and aluminium had melted

--
regards andyw