GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   garden bench (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143230-garden-bench.html)

H Ryder 30-04-2006 01:01 AM

garden bench

Does anyone know where I can buy a white metal garden bench please - I'm
looking for a fine "barely there" type but can't seem to track one down.
TIA,

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Sacha 30-04-2006 07:07 AM

garden bench

H Ryder wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy a white metal garden bench please - I'm
looking for a fine "barely there" type but can't seem to track one down.
TIA,

Have a look at this site: http://www.bygones.net/Cast_Iron_Benches.asp
I wouldn't call them 'barely there' but they're rather attractive. If
you do find one you like but in the wrong colour, your local garage's
paint shop might be able to re-spray it for you.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

JennyC 30-04-2006 10:32 AM

garden bench

"H Ryder" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can buy a white metal garden bench please - I'm
looking for a fine "barely there" type but can't seem to track one down.
TIA,

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Item 4454867714 on ebay uk - Seller has three or four types for sale :~)

OR metal "garden bench" OR "garden seat" .co.uk
in google throws up 40,500 hits :~))

--
Jenny (the Netherlands)
remove squirrel to reply

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 30-04-2006 10:36 AM

garden bench

"Sacha" wrote in message
oups.com...

H Ryder wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy a white metal garden bench please - I'm
looking for a fine "barely there" type but can't seem to track one down.
TIA,

Have a look at this site: http://www.bygones.net/Cast_Iron_Benches.asp
I wouldn't call them 'barely there' but they're rather attractive. If
you do find one you like but in the wrong colour, your local garage's
paint shop might be able to re-spray it for you.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Those are attractive and cheap at £60. Oh that's just the carriage-buga :-)

H Ryder 30-04-2006 11:18 AM

garden bench

OR metal "garden bench" OR "garden seat" .co.uk
in google throws up 40,500 hits :~))

I did try google but I'm finding that googling for anythign often throws up
loads of price comparison sites, many of which do not even contain links to
the item :(. I also did find lots of heavy ones but could not find a more
delicate one. Thanks of all the advice though :)

Sacha 30-04-2006 12:19 PM

garden bench

H Ryder wrote:
OR metal "garden bench" OR "garden seat" .co.uk
in google throws up 40,500 hits :~))

I did try google but I'm finding that googling for anythign often throws up
loads of price comparison sites, many of which do not even contain links to
the item :(. I also did find lots of heavy ones but could not find a more
delicate one. Thanks of all the advice though :)

I don't know if this is an option or how much it would cost but if you
have a forge near you, maybe they could make you one?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Tim 30-04-2006 04:03 PM

garden bench

"Sacha" wrote in message
oups.com...

H Ryder wrote:
OR metal "garden bench" OR "garden seat" .co.uk
in google throws up 40,500 hits :~))

I did try google but I'm finding that googling for anythign often throws
up
loads of price comparison sites, many of which do not even contain links
the item :(. I also did find lots of heavy ones but could not find a more
delicate one. Thanks of all the advice though :)

I don't know if this is an option or how much it would cost but if you
have a forge near you, maybe they could make you one?

http://www.english-garden-antiques.c...trap-iron.html

http://www.holloways.co.uk/garden/wrought/regency/

http://www.maisondumonde.com/bymater...c-12_2210.html

Are a few ideas for you