Old 30-04-2006, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

Default garden bench

Does anyone know where I can buy a white metal garden bench please - I'm
looking for a fine "barely there" type but can't seem to track one down.
TIA,

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Old 30-04-2006, 07:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

H Ryder wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy a white metal garden bench please - I'm
looking for a fine "barely there" type but can't seem to track one down.
TIA,

Have a look at this site: http://www.bygones.net/Cast_Iron_Benches.asp
I wouldn't call them 'barely there' but they're rather attractive. If
you do find one you like but in the wrong colour, your local garage's
paint shop might be able to re-spray it for you.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-04-2006, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"H Ryder" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can buy a white metal garden bench please - I'm
looking for a fine "barely there" type but can't seem to track one down.
TIA,

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Item 4454867714 on ebay uk - Seller has three or four types for sale :~)

OR metal "garden bench" OR "garden seat" .co.uk
in google throws up 40,500 hits :~))

--
Jenny (the Netherlands)
remove squirrel to reply

Old 30-04-2006, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Sacha" wrote in message
oups.com...

H Ryder wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy a white metal garden bench please - I'm
looking for a fine "barely there" type but can't seem to track one down.
TIA,

Have a look at this site: http://www.bygones.net/Cast_Iron_Benches.asp
I wouldn't call them 'barely there' but they're rather attractive. If
you do find one you like but in the wrong colour, your local garage's
paint shop might be able to re-spray it for you.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Those are attractive and cheap at £60. Oh that's just the carriage-buga :-)

Old 30-04-2006, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

OR metal "garden bench" OR "garden seat" .co.uk
in google throws up 40,500 hits :~))

I did try google but I'm finding that googling for anythign often throws up
loads of price comparison sites, many of which do not even contain links to
the item . I also did find lots of heavy ones but could not find a more
delicate one. Thanks of all the advice though

Old 30-04-2006, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

H Ryder wrote:
OR metal "garden bench" OR "garden seat" .co.uk
in google throws up 40,500 hits :~))

I did try google but I'm finding that googling for anythign often throws up
loads of price comparison sites, many of which do not even contain links to
the item . I also did find lots of heavy ones but could not find a more
delicate one. Thanks of all the advice though

I don't know if this is an option or how much it would cost but if you
have a forge near you, maybe they could make you one?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-04-2006, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim

"Sacha" wrote in message
oups.com...

H Ryder wrote:
OR metal "garden bench" OR "garden seat" .co.uk
in google throws up 40,500 hits :~))

I did try google but I'm finding that googling for anythign often throws
up
loads of price comparison sites, many of which do not even contain links
the item . I also did find lots of heavy ones but could not find a more
delicate one. Thanks of all the advice though

I don't know if this is an option or how much it would cost but if you
have a forge near you, maybe they could make you one?

http://www.english-garden-antiques.c...trap-iron.html

http://www.holloways.co.uk/garden/wrought/regency/

http://www.maisondumonde.com/bymater...c-12_2210.html

Are a few ideas for you