GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Syringa Vulgaris 'Primrose' Lilac (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143624-syringa-vulgaris-primrose-lilac.html)

Bob Hallsworth 06-05-2006 09:57 PM

Syringa Vulgaris 'Primrose' Lilac

Hi;

My wife has bought the above plant. There are a number of "Friendly" icons,
including one which says it will grow to 80-100cm, though the internet would
claim more like 10ft?

Also, the label has an icon which shows a flower - fully open, with 'IV-V'
against it ??

Lastly - will it be happy in a pot, please?

Many Thanks for any help

Bob
Sandhurst
UK

K 07-05-2006 02:23 PM

Syringa Vulgaris 'Primrose' Lilac

Space writes
I would guess the roman numerals refer to the 4th and 5th month.

One would have thought so, but isn't April a bit early for lilac?

--
Kay

La Puce 07-05-2006 05:39 PM

K wrote:
One would have thought so, but isn't April a bit early for lilac?

Depends where you are I suppose. When I was in France on the 22nd
April, I saw some lilac in flowers. Mine, Polish purple and white, both
are just about to start now, though the white one is always first.
(Greater Manchester).