Old 06-05-2006, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hallsworth

Default Syringa Vulgaris 'Primrose' Lilac

Hi;

My wife has bought the above plant. There are a number of "Friendly" icons,
including one which says it will grow to 80-100cm, though the internet would
claim more like 10ft?

Also, the label has an icon which shows a flower - fully open, with 'IV-V'
against it ??

Lastly - will it be happy in a pot, please?

Many Thanks for any help

Bob
Sandhurst
UK

Old 07-05-2006, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Space writes
I would guess the roman numerals refer to the 4th and 5th month.

One would have thought so, but isn't April a bit early for lilac?

--
Kay
Old 07-05-2006, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

K wrote:
One would have thought so, but isn't April a bit early for lilac?

Depends where you are I suppose. When I was in France on the 22nd
April, I saw some lilac in flowers. Mine, Polish purple and white, both
are just about to start now, though the white one is always first.
(Greater Manchester).

Syringa laciniata Spider[_3_] United Kingdom 8 22-03-2011 02:02 PM
Syringa afghanica Sue United Kingdom 3 26-07-2010 07:42 AM
Syringa vulgaris e+d[_2_] Garden Photos 1 28-04-2009 09:04 PM
lilac - syringa vulgaris aucubaefolis KD Gardening 3 21-05-2005 03:44 PM
Syringa in a pot? Brian Watson United Kingdom 19 04-01-2004 07:45 PM