Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2006, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
kenty;\)

Default Pond & young children.

I want to create a wildlife pond like in the link below
http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/2000_1...tcm3-23191.jpg

I am put off because i have a 5 & 3 year old.They would also love a shallow
wildlife pond,i dont think a shallow pond with long pebbled beaches would
trouble them.I know kids can drown in inches of water. i know you also need
a deeper centre ,i was going to go 18 inch deepest.Should i wait till they
are older , i could erect a cheap fence around the pond.My daughters school
has done this,but they have more space.I am trying to talk myself into doing
the pond ,but dont want to be constantly worried for them everytime they pop
into the garden.Have any of you combined pond & kids or is this a leathal
combination best left alone until the kids have grown up.What is a safe age
?
Thanks Keith