GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flmo - Replacement motor brush set? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143850-flmo-replacement-motor-brush-set.html)

[email protected] 10-05-2006 09:51 PM

Flmo - Replacement motor brush set?

I knackered my Flymo doing the first cut of the year. It just cut out
on me. Upon closer examination one of the motor brushes has
disintegrated.
My flymo is a Hover Compact 330. One of the brushes has the code X73
stamped on it.
Anyone know where i can get a replacement set?
I had a look on the flymo website but they dont sell them.

TIA

Doug

Charlie Pridham 11-05-2006 08:22 AM

Flmo - Replacement motor brush set?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I knackered my Flymo doing the first cut of the year. It just cut out
on me. Upon closer examination one of the motor brushes has
disintegrated.
My flymo is a Hover Compact 330. One of the brushes has the code X73
stamped on it.
Anyone know where i can get a replacement set?
I had a look on the flymo website but they dont sell them.

TIA

Doug

Try appliance repair companies (washing machines/vacuums) in your area,
although they may not have the right one on the shelf they should be able to
source one for you.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Road_HogŪ 11-05-2006 10:15 AM

Flmo - Replacement motor brush set?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I knackered my Flymo doing the first cut of the year. It just cut out
on me. Upon closer examination one of the motor brushes has
disintegrated.
My flymo is a Hover Compact 330. One of the brushes has the code X73
stamped on it.
Anyone know where i can get a replacement set?
I had a look on the flymo website but they dont sell them.

TIA

Doug

Your local Lawn & Garden dealer, look in the Yellow Pages under lawnmowers.

shazzbat 11-05-2006 11:10 AM

Flmo - Replacement motor brush set?

"Road_HogŪ" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
I knackered my Flymo doing the first cut of the year. It just cut out
on me. Upon closer examination one of the motor brushes has
disintegrated.
My flymo is a Hover Compact 330. One of the brushes has the code X73
stamped on it.
Anyone know where i can get a replacement set?
I had a look on the flymo website but they dont sell them.

If you take a brush to your local power tool repairer they will almost
certainly have some.

Steve

[email protected] 11-05-2006 11:28 AM

Flmo - Replacement motor brush set?

thanks guys

jpmase 07-05-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 637773)
thanks guys

Did you have any luck finding an x73 brush. I am trying to find a set and am reluctant to buy a new motor. If you got hold of one where abouts did you get it.
Cheers
JPMASE