Old 10-05-2006, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flmo - Replacement motor brush set?

I knackered my Flymo doing the first cut of the year. It just cut out
on me. Upon closer examination one of the motor brushes has
disintegrated.
My flymo is a Hover Compact 330. One of the brushes has the code X73
stamped on it.
Anyone know where i can get a replacement set?
I had a look on the flymo website but they dont sell them.

TIA

Doug

Old 11-05-2006, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

wrote in message
ups.com...
I knackered my Flymo doing the first cut of the year. It just cut out
on me. Upon closer examination one of the motor brushes has
disintegrated.
My flymo is a Hover Compact 330. One of the brushes has the code X73
stamped on it.
Anyone know where i can get a replacement set?
I had a look on the flymo website but they dont sell them.

TIA

Doug

Try appliance repair companies (washing machines/vacuums) in your area,
although they may not have the right one on the shelf they should be able to
source one for you.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 11-05-2006, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Road_Hog®

wrote in message
ups.com...
I knackered my Flymo doing the first cut of the year. It just cut out
on me. Upon closer examination one of the motor brushes has
disintegrated.
My flymo is a Hover Compact 330. One of the brushes has the code X73
stamped on it.
Anyone know where i can get a replacement set?
I had a look on the flymo website but they dont sell them.

TIA

Doug

Your local Lawn & Garden dealer, look in the Yellow Pages under lawnmowers.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

"Road_Hog®" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
I knackered my Flymo doing the first cut of the year. It just cut out
on me. Upon closer examination one of the motor brushes has
disintegrated.
My flymo is a Hover Compact 330. One of the brushes has the code X73
stamped on it.
Anyone know where i can get a replacement set?
I had a look on the flymo website but they dont sell them.

If you take a brush to your local power tool repairer they will almost
certainly have some.

Steve

Old 11-05-2006, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

thanks guys

Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
thanks guys
Did you have any luck finding an x73 brush. I am trying to find a set and am reluctant to buy a new motor. If you got hold of one where abouts did you get it.
Cheers
JPMASE