GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Comfrey Tea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/144113-comfrey-tea.html)

Bobby 15-05-2006 12:28 PM

Comfrey Tea

I have a 55 gallon plastic drum (thankfully with a tight lid) and am making
my first ever batch of comfrey tea which will be used to fertilize the
garden.

When harvesting the wild comfrey I chopped down the whole plant (leaves,
stalks and some flowers) and shredded them into smaller pieces.

My question is: After I have brewed the tea and drained off the liquid,
will the residue be safe to put into my compost bin or would there still be
a chance that the comfrey could reproduce?

Please note that I'm using wild comfrey so I can't guarantee it is the
bocking 14 variety.

La Puce 15-05-2006 01:13 PM

Comfrey Tea

Bobby wrote:
I have a 55 gallon plastic drum (thankfully with a tight lid) and am making
my first ever batch of comfrey tea which will be used to fertilize the
garden.
When harvesting the wild comfrey I chopped down the whole plant (leaves,
stalks and some flowers) and shredded them into smaller pieces.
My question is: After I have brewed the tea and drained off the liquid,
will the residue be safe to put into my compost bin or would there still be
a chance that the comfrey could reproduce?
Please note that I'm using wild comfrey so I can't guarantee it is the
bocking 14 variety.

What do you mean reproduce?! Root do you mean?! No chance at all if you
don't put any root in! And make sure that lid is firmly tight on the
drum ;o)