Old 15-05-2006, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobby

Default Comfrey Tea

I have a 55 gallon plastic drum (thankfully with a tight lid) and am making
my first ever batch of comfrey tea which will be used to fertilize the
garden.

When harvesting the wild comfrey I chopped down the whole plant (leaves,
stalks and some flowers) and shredded them into smaller pieces.

My question is: After I have brewed the tea and drained off the liquid,
will the residue be safe to put into my compost bin or would there still be
a chance that the comfrey could reproduce?

Please note that I'm using wild comfrey so I can't guarantee it is the
bocking 14 variety.

Old 15-05-2006, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Bobby wrote:
I have a 55 gallon plastic drum (thankfully with a tight lid) and am making
my first ever batch of comfrey tea which will be used to fertilize the
garden.
When harvesting the wild comfrey I chopped down the whole plant (leaves,
stalks and some flowers) and shredded them into smaller pieces.
My question is: After I have brewed the tea and drained off the liquid,
will the residue be safe to put into my compost bin or would there still be
a chance that the comfrey could reproduce?
Please note that I'm using wild comfrey so I can't guarantee it is the
bocking 14 variety.

What do you mean reproduce?! Root do you mean?! No chance at all if you
don't put any root in! And make sure that lid is firmly tight on the
drum ;o)

Comfrey Andre Kristani Australia 5 12-06-2004 12:03 PM
Getting rid of comfrey Jeremy Lunn Australia 5 05-11-2003 01:02 AM
Comfrey as prophylactic? ;-) David Berry United Kingdom 3 30-07-2003 03:03 PM
Something growing in my comfrey liquid !!! Druss United Kingdom 8 23-06-2003 09:32 AM
Comfrey as a Green Fertilizer? Computerman United Kingdom 10 07-05-2003 01:44 AM