GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mini Gunneras (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/144215-mini-gunneras.html)

Monkey 17-05-2006 05:48 AM

Mini Gunneras

I hope someone can help me.

I am desperately trying to find mini gunnera plants but none of our local garden centres sell them.

Does anyone know of an outlet that I can purchase them from ?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

BAC 17-05-2006 10:06 AM

Mini Gunneras

"Monkey" wrote in message

I hope someone can help me.

I am desperately trying to find mini gunnera plants but none of our
local garden centres sell them.

Does anyone know of an outlet that I can purchase them from ?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not sure there is any such thing as a dwarf gunnera manicata, although I
was once sold something which was claimed to be one (it wasn't).

Have you considered a smaller alternative like astilboides tabularis? Try
'googling' for that and see what you think of the illustrations. The plants
are available mail order if your local garden centre doesn't stock them.

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 17-05-2006 10:34 AM

Mini Gunneras

--
Monkey

I think you mean Gunnera magellanica? Very dwarf miniature .
You can buy this from a variety of on line plant suppliers such as Burncoose
in Cornwall.