Old 17-05-2006, 05:48 AM
Registered User

Location: Brighton, Sussex
Default Mini Gunneras

I hope someone can help me.

I am desperately trying to find mini gunnera plants but none of our local garden centres sell them.

Does anyone know of an outlet that I can purchase them from ?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 17-05-2006, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

"Monkey" wrote in message

I hope someone can help me.

I am desperately trying to find mini gunnera plants but none of our
local garden centres sell them.

Does anyone know of an outlet that I can purchase them from ?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not sure there is any such thing as a dwarf gunnera manicata, although I
was once sold something which was claimed to be one (it wasn't).

Have you considered a smaller alternative like astilboides tabularis? Try
'googling' for that and see what you think of the illustrations. The plants
are available mail order if your local garden centre doesn't stock them.

Old 17-05-2006, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

--
Monkey

I think you mean Gunnera magellanica? Very dwarf miniature .
You can buy this from a variety of on line plant suppliers such as Burncoose
in Cornwall.

big Gunneras Duncan United Kingdom 7 05-06-2007 07:04 PM
Mini Gunneras Monkey Gardening 2 18-05-2006 12:44 AM
mini update John Rutz Ponds 3 04-06-2003 02:56 AM
mini phals rajiv Orchids 18 18-02-2003 03:39 AM
Mini-Tomato Plants? Pat Meadows Edible Gardening 6 03-02-2003 07:07 PM