Old 17-05-2006, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
KK

Default fungicide - edible plants

Can someone advise me on a fungicide for edible plants (courgettes). My
plants suffer badly from powdery mildew (or at least they did last year).
All the spray fungicides in the shops seem to be systemic & cannot be used
on vegetables etc.

Help please ?

Thanks

KK

Old 17-05-2006, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

KK wrote:
Can someone advise me on a fungicide for edible plants (courgettes). My
plants suffer badly from powdery mildew (or at least they did last year).
All the spray fungicides in the shops seem to be systemic & cannot be used
on vegetables etc.

I think there are varieties that are resistant to powdery mildew. They
sometimes state this on labels from garden centres and on seed packets
e.g. from mr fothergill's:
Cucumber 'Marketmore' (code number 715). I have seen resistant
varieteies from other seed supliers as well.

Des

Help please ?

Thanks

KK

Old 17-05-2006, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

KK writes
Can someone advise me on a fungicide for edible plants (courgettes). My
plants suffer badly from powdery mildew (or at least they did last year).
All the spray fungicides in the shops seem to be systemic & cannot be used
on vegetables etc.

Powdery mildew seems to be more of a problem when the plants are under
water stress. Try watering more generously and more regularly and see if
that cures the problem before resorting to chemical means. Also consider
whether you really need to eradicate it - is it significantly reducing
yields? If not, removing badly affected leaves may keep some level of
control on the problem.
--
Kay

Color not edible #2 - Color not edible.jpg (1/1) William Wagner[_2_] Garden Photos 0 30-06-2007 05:30 PM
Captan 50% WP fungicide questions - please help Jay von Lehe Orchids 0 16-11-2003 07:12 PM
Listerine for fungicide? JimS. Roses 0 12-03-2003 08:21 AM
Please recommend "good value for money" fungicide, fertilizer and insecticide Thomas Wong Orchids 1 28-02-2003 06:17 PM