GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dicentra spectabilis leaf discolouration (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/144396-dicentra-spectabilis-leaf-discolouration.html)

Emrys Davies 20-05-2006 12:10 PM

Dicentra spectabilis leaf discolouration

All of the leaves on most of the stems on one of my dicentra spectabilis
are yellow with green flecks whilst the leaves on a few of its stems are
perfectly normal. Otherise it is a normal healthy plant with an
abundance of flowers.

Before I treat it for magnesium deficiency, does anyone know of a more
likely cause and if so the appropriate treatment.

Thanks.
Regards
Emrys Davies.

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 20-05-2006 07:10 PM

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
All of the leaves on most of the stems on one of my dicentra spectabilis
are yellow with green flecks whilst the leaves on a few of its stems are
perfectly normal. Otherise it is a normal healthy plant with an
abundance of flowers.

Before I treat it for magnesium deficiency, does anyone know of a more
likely cause and if so the appropriate treatment.

Thanks.
Regards
Emrys Davies.

Sounds like a very nice plant:-) Either a deficiency of something (apart
from Magnesium) or a Virus.

Ade 21-05-2006 04:32 PM

Dicentra spectabilis leaf discolouration

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

All of the leaves on most of the stems on one of my dicentra spectabilis
are yellow with green flecks whilst the leaves on a few of its stems are
perfectly normal. Otherise it is a normal healthy plant with an
abundance of flowers.

My dicentra is like that and has been for several years despite treatment
with epsom salts. It's still thriving and produces lots of flowers, so I'm
thinking that perhaps that's the natural state of the leaves.

Philippe Gautier 22-05-2006 09:50 AM

Ade wrote:
"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

All of the leaves on most of the stems on one of my dicentra spectabilis
are yellow with green flecks whilst the leaves on a few of its stems are
perfectly normal. Otherise it is a normal healthy plant with an
abundance of flowers.

My dicentra is like that and has been for several years despite treatment
with epsom salts. It's still thriving and produces lots of flowers, so I'm
thinking that perhaps that's the natural state of the leaves.

I have had exactly the same problem for the third year in a row now. I
was thinking about a lack of some nutrient, but then again, the plant
looks very ealthy! Some sort of virus?

Philippe