Old 20-05-2006, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies

Default Dicentra spectabilis leaf discolouration

All of the leaves on most of the stems on one of my dicentra spectabilis
are yellow with green flecks whilst the leaves on a few of its stems are
perfectly normal. Otherise it is a normal healthy plant with an
abundance of flowers.

Before I treat it for magnesium deficiency, does anyone know of a more
likely cause and if so the appropriate treatment.

Thanks.
Regards
Emrys Davies.

Old 20-05-2006, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
All of the leaves on most of the stems on one of my dicentra spectabilis
are yellow with green flecks whilst the leaves on a few of its stems are
perfectly normal. Otherise it is a normal healthy plant with an
abundance of flowers.

Before I treat it for magnesium deficiency, does anyone know of a more
likely cause and if so the appropriate treatment.

Thanks.
Regards
Emrys Davies.

Sounds like a very nice plant:-) Either a deficiency of something (apart
from Magnesium) or a Virus.

Old 21-05-2006, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ade

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

All of the leaves on most of the stems on one of my dicentra spectabilis
are yellow with green flecks whilst the leaves on a few of its stems are
perfectly normal. Otherise it is a normal healthy plant with an
abundance of flowers.

My dicentra is like that and has been for several years despite treatment
with epsom salts. It's still thriving and produces lots of flowers, so I'm
thinking that perhaps that's the natural state of the leaves.

Old 22-05-2006, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Philippe Gautier

Ade wrote:
"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

All of the leaves on most of the stems on one of my dicentra spectabilis
are yellow with green flecks whilst the leaves on a few of its stems are
perfectly normal. Otherise it is a normal healthy plant with an
abundance of flowers.

My dicentra is like that and has been for several years despite treatment
with epsom salts. It's still thriving and produces lots of flowers, so I'm
thinking that perhaps that's the natural state of the leaves.

I have had exactly the same problem for the third year in a row now. I
was thinking about a lack of some nutrient, but then again, the plant
looks very ealthy! Some sort of virus?

Philippe

Tomato leaf discolouration - advice appreciated Flayme United Kingdom 0 12-07-2012 05:16 PM
Rubus Spectabilis J.I.Smith Gardening 0 01-05-2010 05:52 PM
rubus spectabilis olympic double Pam Moore United Kingdom 1 19-06-2008 10:50 PM
rose leaf discolouration Lisa United Kingdom 0 22-06-2005 01:43 PM
Leaf Discolouration - help? (0/1) Paul United Kingdom 1 05-04-2003 08:08 PM