Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Registered User

Default Bolted Leeks - Worth keeping ?

Last year I left a few leeks in the ground and let them go to seed. A couple of months ago I lifted and seperated them - there were lots of small leeks around the base of each plant.

So I replanted the small leeks hoping to grow them to full size this year but now I notice nearly all of them are starting to bolt.

The question is this -

If I remove all the flower stalks now and grow the leeks on to a decent size, will they be worth eating later in the year ?

Or should I consign them to the compost bin now and grow something else there ?

Any replies welcome.