GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pissing on compost (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146102-pissing-compost.html)

[email protected] 07-06-2006 06:22 PM

Pissing on compost

You shouldn't pee on your compost it kills the beneficial organisms.

K 07-06-2006 06:49 PM

Pissing on compost

H Ryder writes
... uk.sheds.

is there really a NG devoted to sheds?

There is a ng devoted to the shed ethos, which is perhaps not quite the
same thing ;-)
--
Kay

K 07-06-2006 06:49 PM

Pissing on compost

writes
You shouldn't pee on your compost it kills the beneficial organisms.

I wonder if you could explain that in a little more detail?
--
Kay

shazzbat 07-06-2006 07:05 PM

Pissing on compost

"H Ryder" wrote in message
... uk.sheds.

is there really a NG devoted to sheds?

--

Yes, but it's a very strange place. I recommend a good long lurk.

Steve

H Ryder 07-06-2006 07:29 PM

Pissing on compost

There is a ng devoted to the shed ethos,

which is???

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Paul Corfield 07-06-2006 07:39 PM

Pissing on compost

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:52:30 GMT, "H Ryder"
wrote:

... uk.sheds.

is there really a NG devoted to sheds?

there most certainly is. They sometimes pop across into other groups
from time to time. An entertaining and idiosyncratic bunch.
--
Paul C

JennyC 07-06-2006 08:31 PM

Pissing on compost

"H Ryder" wrote in message
There is a ng devoted to the shed ethos,

which is???

uk.rec.sheds and if you like that there is also
alt.2eggs.sausage.benas.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.c heerslove :~)
Jenny

Nick Maclaren 07-06-2006 08:35 PM

Pissing on compost

In article ,
"Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" writes:
| "H Ryder" wrote in message
| ... uk.sheds.
|
| is there really a NG devoted to sheds?
|
| Yes. uk.rec.sheds. You need to speak sheddi language and have an advanced
| sense of humour:-)

For a very strange meaning of the word "advanced". But, yes, I agree
that a good long lurk is worthwhile - it opened even my mind to the
behaviour of idiosyncratic subcultures.

I don't speak sheddi, but can read it, and have occasionally posted
items that have fitted in ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

K 07-06-2006 09:54 PM

Pissing on compost

H Ryder writes
There is a ng devoted to the shed ethos,

which is???

Accumulation of tat or tqt (top quality tat) which may come in useful
when you get a round tuit, to be stored in a shed where you go to escape
the nastier sides of life (but never, ever actually finish any project
or 'molish' anything), and settle down with a pork pie. Unpleasantness
in avoided by using a simple cypher for certain words, so that 'work'
for example becomes jbex, and this had led to further language
developments, and interesting concepts like a 'bonsai shed' - the drawer
in the kitchen where all the pieces of string end up.

At least, that was the state of affairs a few years ago when we used to
hold shed-moots and pop-pop boat races in our garden, but undoubtedly
things have moved on a bit since then.
--
Kay

K 07-06-2006 09:55 PM

Pissing on compost

JennyC writes

"H Ryder" wrote in message
There is a ng devoted to the shed ethos,

which is???

uk.rec.sheds and if you like that there is also
alt.2eggs.sausage.benas.tomatoes.2toast.largetea. cheerslove :~)

Aka the caff.

And don't forget alt.buttered.scones where I am told a lot of the
original sheddi have ended up.
--
Kay

Chris Bacon 07-06-2006 11:01 PM

Pissing on compost

George.com wrote:
A question for those who **** on their compost heap.

Please don't be vulgar, George.com.

Nick Maclaren 07-06-2006 11:17 PM

Pissing on compost

In article ,
Chris Bacon writes:
| George.com wrote:
| A question for those who **** on their compost heap.
|
| Please don't be vulgar, George.com.

This is uk.rec.gardening. We call a spade a spade. You may prefer
to call it micturation, but ****ing is something that we all do every
day. And many of us **** on our compost heaps :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

H Ryder 07-06-2006 11:17 PM

Pissing on compost

It's full of PPs and BA's :~))

what is a PP? and do you mean "bachelor of arts"?

H Ryder 07-06-2006 11:24 PM

Pissing on compost

interesting concepts like a 'bonsai shed' - the drawer
in the kitchen where all the pieces of string end up.

what a beautiful concept :)
thank you for your explanation.

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 07-06-2006 11:40 PM

Pissing on compost

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

And some of us even **** on our own bonfires:-)