Old 19-06-2006, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
WRabbit

Default Wish I hadn't done that (aka think before you weed n feed)

The grass was looking a little shabby as I hadn't but down any feeding yet.
I'd held off as as I use a weed and feed and didn't want to kill the
snowdrops and crocuses. With me so far?

So I went out gaily sprinkling the weed and feed (and then went back out 3
days later to fill in the bits I missed - who needs a roller on the
lawnmower when you can put in artificial stripes). Unfortunately I'd sort
of forgotten that we intended to dig up a bit of the grass to plant our
holly hedge. To be honest it wasn't so much I'd forgotten, more that I
didn't think the weedkiller in the lawn food would linger. Well it does.
For at least 6 weeks. Damn it.

This is a public service announcement on behalf of the stupid gardener.

Well the holly plants will need to be planted up into bigger pots in the
meantime and looked after for another 6 weeks. At least I'll still be able
to lift the turf and dig through some manure and sand and they'll still have
time to get settled before autumn.

Anyone else care to share their brilliant contributions?

Old 20-06-2006, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

WRabbit wrote:
[...]

Not as bad as me, as I posted previously I treated seed and potato beds
with lawn feed and weed instead of growmore! As an update it does not
seem to have affected the spuds one iota, however only 2 lettuce, one
beetroot and half a dozen pickling onions germinated!
Old 20-06-2006, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

"WRabbit" wrote in message
. uk...

Anyone else care to share their brilliant contributions?

I wouldn't know where to start :-(

Mary

Old 20-06-2006, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Mary Fisher writes

"WRabbit" wrote in message
.uk...

Anyone else care to share their brilliant contributions?

I wouldn't know where to start :-(

Unidentified bush that I'd grown from seed was beginning to get straggly
and swamp other plants, so I pruned it, only to find that I'd pruned the
only branch with flower buds. No flower buds this year, so I'll have to
wait yet another year for identification.

Most of my mistakes involve pruning. I should be less impatient.
--
Kay
Old 21-06-2006, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"WRabbit" wrote in
message . uk...

Anyone else care to share their brilliant contributions?

I wouldn't know where to start :-(

Don't be so modest!

Alan

Mary