GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bronze Fennel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/147147-bronze-fennel.html)

Kate Morgan 28-06-2006 04:17 PM

Bronze Fennel

Aphids causing mayhem on my Bronze Fennel, never had that before, anyone
else?

kate

Kate Morgan 28-06-2006 07:23 PM

Bronze Fennel

Aphids causing mayhem on my Bronze Fennel, never had that before, anyone
else?

Not yet :-)

Janet

lucky lucky you, shall I send you some :-)

kate

tom&barbara 28-06-2006 09:07 PM

Bronze Fennel

Kate Morgan wrote:

Aphids causing mayhem on my Bronze Fennel, never had that before, anyone
else?

Yes Kate you are not alone. I discovered the tops covered in greenfly
only yesterday. I have tried the washing up liquid and water method,
not quite sure if it has worked or not as they are still pretty covered
and it's hard to tell if they are dead yet. :-(

Gail

Kate Morgan 28-06-2006 11:13 PM

Bronze Fennel

Aphids causing mayhem on my Bronze Fennel, never had that before, anyone
else?

Yes Kate you are not alone. I discovered the tops covered in greenfly
only yesterday. I have tried the washing up liquid and water method,
not quite sure if it has worked or not as they are still pretty covered
and it's hard to tell if they are dead yet. :-(

Gail

sorry it has happened to your plants but glad I am not alone.Very
strange, why this year!

kate

EastneyEnder 28-06-2006 11:46 PM

Bronze Fennel

Kate Morgan wrote:
Aphids causing mayhem on my Bronze Fennel, never had that before, anyone
else?

Yes Kate you are not alone. I discovered the tops covered in greenfly
only yesterday. I have tried the washing up liquid and water method,
not quite sure if it has worked or not as they are still pretty covered
and it's hard to tell if they are dead yet. :-(

Gail

sorry it has happened to your plants but glad I am not alone.Very
strange, why this year!

Odd.
The wild fennel (not bronze) that grows prolifically down here in any patch
of spare ground is doing business as usual.

Might be illegal to dig it up, but would be willing to do so for interested
parties as it is a weed in these parts.
--
Sue
Pendragon Hamstery

Kate Morgan 30-06-2006 05:27 PM

Bronze Fennel

snip

Odd.
The wild fennel (not bronze) that grows prolifically down here in any patch
of spare ground is doing business as usual.

Might be illegal to dig it up, but would be willing to do so for interested
parties as it is a weed in these parts.

That is very kind of you but I should not encourage any illegal doings
:-) however seed as and when would be acceptable.

kate