Old 04-07-2006, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jane

Default Tomato Advice

I've overlooked some sideshoots on a few of my cordon tomato plants
(Alicante, Gardeners Delight, Moneymaker). The sideshoots have grown very
big and are now growing flowers which presumably will eventually become
tomatoes. Should I leave them to grow, or should I still snip them off at
this late stage? The main cordons each have about 2 or 3 "bunches" of
flowers on (no tomatoes as yet).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam

Jane wrote:
I've overlooked some sideshoots on a few of my cordon tomato plants
(Alicante, Gardeners Delight, Moneymaker). The sideshoots have grown very
big and are now growing flowers which presumably will eventually become
tomatoes. Should I leave them to grow, or should I still snip them off at
this late stage? The main cordons each have about 2 or 3 "bunches" of
flowers on (no tomatoes as yet).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards.

I think you should cut them off,Jane.In that way the vigour of the plant
will be
confined to the main stem and the trusses coming off it,giving you
better control.