Old 07-07-2006, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Default Morning Glory not flowering?

Hi everyone,

Just me again with yet another question :-)

I planted some morning glory in pots, heavenly blue and granpa Ottis.
I planted one of each colour in each pot and planted them out in the
garden about a month ago. So far they are growing really quickly and
are very healthy. The problem is that so far only the granpa ottis
(purple) one is flowering and no sign of the heavenly blue flowers. I
am pretty disappointed because I grew the two colours together to have
a lovely show. I also have six of these groups of plants all over the
garden, plenty of beautiful purple flowers but not one blue one on any.

Do they not like to grow together is my first question or is there
another reason for them not flowering?

Many thanks in advance.
Gail

Old 07-07-2006, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

"tom&barbara" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,

Just me again with yet another question :-)

I planted some morning glory in pots, heavenly blue and granpa Ottis.
I planted one of each colour in each pot and planted them out in the
garden about a month ago. So far they are growing really quickly and
are very healthy. The problem is that so far only the granpa ottis
(purple) one is flowering and no sign of the heavenly blue flowers. I
am pretty disappointed because I grew the two colours together to have
a lovely show. I also have six of these groups of plants all over the
garden, plenty of beautiful purple flowers but not one blue one on any.

Do they not like to grow together is my first question or is there
another reason for them not flowering?

Many thanks in advance.
Gail

the purple ones always flower first here but the others all catch up
eventually.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 07-07-2006, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

[...]

I've unremembered in which part of the country you are located but around
here the heavenly blue are quite late and start to flower at the end of this
month and through August.
Mine got beaten to death by the wind- I am certain you will do better.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Thanks you both for your replies and I was hoping you were going to say
something along the lines of the HB flowering later than the others.

I am situated in Cheshire and mine got a bit of wind damage too but not
too significant.

I am now happy - thankyou

Gail