GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hampton court great and very honest people :) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/147550-hampton-court-great-very-honest-people.html)

Gardening_Convert 09-07-2006 05:59 PM

Hampton court great and very honest people :)

We went to Hampton court on Friday and had a lovely time, bought a very
nice Dahlia 'Tally Ho' from there , never thought I'd ever grow a
dahlia but this one is very nice single flower deep red petals , yellow
centre with black foliage.

We also bought some Air Plants which were so weird we just had to buy
some , will go well in the conservatory.

Enjoyed the show gardens , flower marques and even the craft marque
with loads of free tasters yum yum . Had to stop having the free wine
tasters as I was driving :(

My wife even lost her mobile phone a low and behold we get a phone call
from lost property and they are sending it to us in the post ,at their
expense :)
You just don't get that sort of honesty anywhere else :)

Great day out and will go again, we thought it would be great if we
could get a boat from here in Reading all the way to Hampton as it's
possible . Then it would be a really nice day :)

Mary Fisher 09-07-2006 06:28 PM

Hampton court great and very honest people :)

"Gardening_Convert" wrote in message
oups.com...

My wife even lost her mobile phone a low and behold we get a phone call
from lost property and they are sending it to us in the post ,at their
expense :)
You just don't get that sort of honesty anywhere else :)

Well, it might not be all that common but it does happen quite a lot.

I've had things returned to me from Hever Castle (keys), Lincoln, Iceland
(vacuum flask, it cost more to post than it would have been to buy a new
one), Canada (a Barbour jacket), Coventry (a Barbour hat) and Leeds
(Filofax, card wallet, purse) - those are the only ones I can remember.

Yes, I'm careless!

Mary