Old 16-07-2006, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Spindly Nemesias

I have this year grown "Nemesia" from seed and the plants are currently in
pots. Pictures at http://tinyurl.com/z3lut I am concerned that some
of the stems are very thin and the plants get easily blown about in the
wind.

This is the first time I have grown something from seed and my first
experience with Nemesias.I don't want to plant them in the ground and find
the plants stems broken by the wind etc

What do you reckon I should do ?
Thanks.

Old 16-07-2006, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"M" [email protected] wrote in message
I have this year grown "Nemesia" from seed and the plants are currently in
pots. Pictures at http://tinyurl.com/z3lut I am concerned that some
of the stems are very thin and the plants get easily blown about in the
wind.

This is the first time I have grown something from seed and my first
experience with Nemesias.I don't want to plant them in the ground and find
the plants stems broken by the wind etc

What do you reckon I should do ?
Thanks.

They need hardening off - put them outside asap !!
They are a spindly/floppy sort of plant anyway:
http://www.camelotcottages.com/images/NEMESIA.jpg

Jenny

Old 21-07-2006, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

"M" [email protected] wrote in message
I have this year grown "Nemesia" from seed and the plants are currently in
pots. Pictures at http://tinyurl.com/z3lut I am concerned that some
of the stems are very thin and the plants get easily blown about in the
wind.

This is the first time I have grown something from seed and my first
experience with Nemesias.I don't want to plant them in the ground and find
the plants stems broken by the wind etc

What do you reckon I should do ?
Thanks.

Look fine to me, just stick them out in their pots. Was a bit confused
by the picture of the Hebe at first

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Nemesias tathraman Australia 0 14-09-2012 05:22 AM
Tomato Seedlings Thin and Spindly JMS United Kingdom 10 31-03-2010 03:09 PM
helping a sickly, spindly Clematis peter Gardening 4 11-07-2003 11:56 PM
spindly camellias and rhododendrons David Marion North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:34 PM
spindly seedlings videotron Gardening 26 19-03-2003 06:56 AM