GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Adjusting blades on a hedge cutter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/148033-adjusting-blades-hedge-cutter.html)

A 24-07-2006 01:38 PM

Adjusting blades on a hedge cutter

Any one know how to adjust these blades? It's a Nutool ntgh550, used on a
small privit hedge. It was working fine then just stopped cutting, I have
undone and moved the blades as far as they can so as they pass together, but
still they hardly cut. I don't see how they can go blunt so quickly. Any
help appreciated.

tenchman 24-07-2006 10:35 PM

Adjusting blades on a hedge cutter

What do you expect from Nutool?
Did you buy it at a car boot sale??

Alan 24-07-2006 10:42 PM

"A" wrote in message
Any one know how to adjust these blades? It's a Nutool ntgh550, used on
a small privit hedge. It was working fine then just stopped cutting, I
have undone and moved the blades as far as they can so as they pass
together, but still they hardly cut. I don't see how they can go blunt so
quickly. Any help appreciated.

i expect if you wait a bit you will get a sensible answer from a more
helpfull and caring soul

Mr Alun Davies[_1_] 25-07-2006 05:49 PM

"A" wrote in message
Any one know how to adjust these blades? It's a Nutool ntgh550, used on a
small privit hedge. It was working fine then just stopped cutting, I have
undone and moved the blades as far as they can so as they pass together,
but still they hardly cut. I don't see how they can go blunt so quickly.
Any help appreciated.

Why would it need adjusting?
More like it needs sharpening.

The "Teeth" diagonal edges that pass each other may require a fine file
passing over them at the same angle as the "chamfers" to the sides of the
teeth.
Don't attempt to grind with an angle grinder as this will produce heat and
lose the "temper" of the steel (If any)

A 25-07-2006 08:57 PM

Adjusting blades on a hedge cutter

it's just that it seemed to stop cutting immediatley.

[email protected] 26-07-2006 03:32 PM

A wrote:
it's just that it seemed to stop cutting immediatley.

"Mr Alun Davies" wrote in message
Why would it need adjusting?
More like it needs sharpening.

I don't know anything about these but do the blades need tightening
together a bit akin to tightening up garden shears?

A 26-07-2006 05:41 PM

Adjusting blades on a hedge cutter

that's what I first thought, but they are tight, I am going to get round to
try sharpening them.
wrote in message
ups.com...