Old 24-07-2006, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
A A is offline

Default Adjusting blades on a hedge cutter

Any one know how to adjust these blades? It's a Nutool ntgh550, used on a
small privit hedge. It was working fine then just stopped cutting, I have
undone and moved the blades as far as they can so as they pass together, but
still they hardly cut. I don't see how they can go blunt so quickly. Any
help appreciated.

Old 24-07-2006, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"A" wrote in message
Any one know how to adjust these blades? It's a Nutool ntgh550, used on
a small privit hedge. It was working fine then just stopped cutting, I
have undone and moved the blades as far as they can so as they pass
together, but still they hardly cut. I don't see how they can go blunt so
quickly. Any help appreciated.

i expect if you wait a bit you will get a sensible answer from a more
helpfull and caring soul

Old 25-07-2006, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"A" wrote in message
Any one know how to adjust these blades? It's a Nutool ntgh550, used on a
small privit hedge. It was working fine then just stopped cutting, I have
undone and moved the blades as far as they can so as they pass together,
but still they hardly cut. I don't see how they can go blunt so quickly.
Any help appreciated.

Why would it need adjusting?
More like it needs sharpening.

The "Teeth" diagonal edges that pass each other may require a fine file
passing over them at the same angle as the "chamfers" to the sides of the
teeth.
Don't attempt to grind with an angle grinder as this will produce heat and
lose the "temper" of the steel (If any)

Old 25-07-2006, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
A A is offline

it's just that it seemed to stop cutting immediatley.

Old 26-07-2006, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

A wrote:
it's just that it seemed to stop cutting immediatley.

"Mr Alun Davies" wrote in message
Why would it need adjusting?
More like it needs sharpening.

I don't know anything about these but do the blades need tightening
together a bit akin to tightening up garden shears?

Old 26-07-2006, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
A A is offline

that's what I first thought, but they are tight, I am going to get round to
try sharpening them.
wrote in message
ups.com...

A wrote:
it's just that it seemed to stop cutting immediatley.

"Mr Alun Davies" wrote in message
Why would it need adjusting?
More like it needs sharpening.

I don't know anything about these but do the blades need tightening
together a bit akin to tightening up garden shears?

Can I trim a beech hedge with a petrol hedge cutter? smileygonzo1961 United Kingdom 22 27-09-2008 11:50 PM
2 stroke hedge cutter problem Muddymike United Kingdom 1 11-06-2008 09:58 PM
Viking HE715 Hedge cutter Dani United Kingdom 4 16-02-2005 01:18 AM
hedge cutter? Ed United Kingdom 8 02-05-2004 02:10 PM
Petrol Hedge Cutter AndWhyNot United Kingdom 0 28-12-2003 12:42 PM