Old 02-08-2006, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Crinum seed

Has anyone grown Crinums from seed? I'm interested to know how long it is
from seed to flowering - whether it takes a couple of years, half a lifetime
or one season!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-08-2006, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
Has anyone grown Crinums from seed? I'm interested to know how long it is
from seed to flowering - whether it takes a couple of years, half a
lifetime
or one season!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(email address on website)

Which variety of Crinum?
I found a reference somewhere that 3-8 years is the typical time to get
something from seed to flower, so it sounds pretty similar to the waiting
time for Cardiocrinums and Amarcrinums (perhaps) .

Old 02-08-2006, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
Has anyone grown Crinums from seed? I'm interested to know how long it is
from seed to flowering - whether it takes a couple of years, half a

lifetime
or one season!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(email address on website)

Two years, and once you have them you need never do them again as they are
invasive clumps and you can get as many bulbs as you like off them. but they
do need to reach a certain size to flower so keep them growing.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 02-08-2006, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/8/06 10:34, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
Has anyone grown Crinums from seed? I'm interested to know how long it is
from seed to flowering - whether it takes a couple of years, half a
lifetime
or one season!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(email address on website)

Which variety of Crinum?
I found a reference somewhere that 3-8 years is the typical time to get
something from seed to flower, so it sounds pretty similar to the waiting
time for Cardiocrinums and Amarcrinums (perhaps) .

I have no idea which variety, Rupert. Sorry. They will be coming from my
outlaw's garden, which is now my son's and to my certain knowledge they've
been there about 30 years. All I know is that some are pink and some are
white!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Crinum asiaticum CloseUp Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 20-07-2008 02:44 AM
Crinum asiaticum Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 20-07-2008 02:37 AM
is this a Crinum someone Garden Photos 1 14-04-2007 11:32 PM
Crinum Id Phillip Sherman Plant Science 0 07-04-2004 08:36 PM
Transplanting Crinum's Ben Australia 0 03-07-2003 02:08 AM