GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Squirrels (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149514-squirrels.html)

Endulini 11-09-2006 10:14 AM

Squirrels

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a effective method for deterring squirrels? I've a
number of the little bleeders in my garden and would be very grateful if I
could stop them burrowing into my pots to see if there are any bulbs (there
aren't, they had them years ago!).

Thanks

michael adams[_2_] 11-09-2006 11:15 AM

Squirrels

"Endulini" wrote in message
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a effective method for deterring squirrels?

Yes. Move into a tower block

Preferably above the eighth floor.

michael adams

Thanks

La Puce 11-09-2006 05:41 PM

Squirrels

Endulini wrote:
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a effective method for deterring squirrels? I've a
number of the little bleeders in my garden and would be very grateful if I
could stop them burrowing into my pots to see if there are any bulbs (there
aren't, they had them years ago!).

Cats and dogs. Works for us.

Chris S 11-09-2006 05:57 PM

Squirrels

"Endulini" wrote in message
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a effective method for deterring squirrels? I've a
number of the little bleeders in my garden and would be very grateful if I
could stop them burrowing into my pots to see if there are any bulbs
(there
aren't, they had them years ago!).

Thanks

I know I've sent a link to this before in another thread, but it is worth a
read :-)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e/050829&num=0

Chris S

Tom 16-09-2006 12:29 AM

Squirrels

To deter crows, tie a dead one up for all crows to see. They will ignore
your place and leave you in peace.
As for squirrels, a similar trick might work.

Tom

Uncle Marvo 18-09-2006 07:36 AM

Squirrels

, I, Marvo, say :

To deter crows, tie a dead one up for all crows to see. They will
ignore your place and leave you in peace.
As for squirrels, a similar trick might work.

I wonder, would this technique work for chavs?

JennyC 18-09-2006 07:05 PM

Squirrels

"Tom" wrote in message
To deter crows, tie a dead one up for all crows to see. They will ignore
your place and leave you in peace.
As for squirrels, a similar trick might work.

IRTA 'cows' - the mind boggles :~)
Jenny

JennyC 19-09-2006 05:25 AM

Squirrels

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:05:19 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message
To deter crows, tie a dead one up for all crows to see. They will
ignore
your place and leave you in peace.
As for squirrels, a similar trick might work.

IRTA 'cows' - the mind boggles :~)

Amazing, me too. Scary.
Martin

http://www.cowdepot.com/cowxmas.html
Jenny :~))

BAC 19-09-2006 09:35 AM

Squirrels

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Tom" wrote in message
To deter crows, tie a dead one up for all crows to see. They will

ignore
your place and leave you in peace.
As for squirrels, a similar trick might work.

IRTA 'cows' - the mind boggles :~)

I thought Tom was quoting from an old John Wayne movie :-)

JennyC 20-09-2006 06:21 AM

Squirrels

"Martin" wrote
http://www.cowdepot.com/cowxmas.html

Mr Alun Jones of Tredegar says "I haven't had a cow jump on my car
since I bought one".

Memorable excuse for somebody being late for work when I worked in S
Wales was " A cow jumped over a hedge and flattened the front of my
Hillman Imp"
Martin

What was the bull doing in the pasture with his eyes closed?

Bull-dozin'

*

Do you know why the cow jumped over the moon?

The farmer had cold hands

What was the bull doing in the pasture with his eyes closed?

Bull-dozin'

*

Do you know why the cow jumped over the moon?

The farmer had cold hands.

*

What did the bored cow say when she got up in the morning?

"It's just an udder day"

*

How does a farmer count a herd of cows?

With a Cowlculator